PDA

View Full Version : New to the saber stuff?

Raiden Nar
04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey im new to the saber stuff and im 15 from England and im getting a Sink Tube saber as it where, so here i go.
1. I got my list and here it is

1.25 x12 inch chrome sink tube1
1.25 sink tube LED blade holder1
16. black o-rings (optinal)1
Build your own lux 3 electronics (green)1
1" Thick walled Polycarbonate 40" 1
40" LED blade diffuser1
Shouldered 1" thick walled blade tip with reflective disc1
1-1/8" crome end cap

2. I want to make my own blade and i dont know what i need or how to put it togther, Ive seen Jay-gon's tutorial about it but that was with the gift wrap thing and not the Diffuser so i dont know what to do. Oh another thing what do you do with the Blade holder do you stick it on the top or what? Sorry if i misspelt anything.

So please Help
Thanks
Raiden Nar:confused:

DJMoonbass
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
basically what you bought is a TCSS battle blade that hasnt been put together. ive heard that others put the film inside the blade by wrapping it around a 1/2" long wooden dowl and inserting into the blade. as for your blade holder question..... more details.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
That tutorial will work for the films Tim has in the store as well. Just substitute the film of your choice for the clear gift wrap, and follow the steps.

DJMoonbass
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
where is that thread jay gon? im interested in that.....

Hasid Lafre
04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/search.php

Ideal
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
i just wanted to step in here and say that you dont HAVE to put film or wrap in your blade if dont want. you have the diffuser listed, which as all you really need. Tim usually cuts the diffuser to the same length that you want the polycarbonate blade to be and ships it already inserted

Rhyen Skytracker
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I ordered the same blade parts and mine came unassembled. I will let you know when I put it together.

Ideal
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I ordered the same blade parts and mine came unassembled. I will let you know when I put it together.

hmm, so far all mine have be slid up into the polycarbonate tube already. either way, it really isnt hard to slide the diffuser tube up into the polycarbonate tube

Lord Dottore Matto
04-03-2009, 12:05 AM
hmm, so far all mine have be slid up into the polycarbonate tube already. either way, it really isnt hard to slide the diffuser tube up into the polycarbonate tube

LMFAO...:lol:

Novastar
04-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Actually... this is a very good point that... for newer folks--Tim's diffuser is far superior than going through the headache of doing the "gift wrap" thing & rolling it up 50 times or whatever... :)

I mean, sure... everyone has their preferences on how the light "behaves" inside the poly-c... but... you can't get any easier than Tim's diffusers!! :)

Raiden Nar
04-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks to all the people that commented, and i still need help with the blade holder thing because in 2 hours when my older bro gets in im ordering the parts, so how do you mount the blade holder?

Jay-gon Jinn
04-03-2009, 08:01 AM
You drill holes in the sinktube that line up with the holes in the blade holder....like in this topic here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=5052

Raiden Nar
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Ah so it slides into the tube cool so i can make a Design for the Emiter like you did?

Kal El Rah
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Make sure the sinktube you get is 22 gage and not 20.

DJMoonbass
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
;)i get what you are doing now. the best thing to cut the sink tube with is a dremmel. if you have one. cut out a design stencil and tape it on your sink tube and then draw the lines with a sharpey. remove the stencil and then put tape around the edge of those lines. (The dremmel likes to get away from you sometimes. this keeps it on track and also prevents scratches when it does run away.) yiu cant do very sharp corners with it. i depends on the size of cutting wheel. when its really small round corners a router works really good. well thats how i do it. others do it differently. hope i was of some help.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Ah so it slides into the tube cool so i can make a Design for the Emiter like you did?
Yup! And like Kal El Rah said, make sure you buy the 22ga. or residential type, or just get it from Tim . The ones Tim sells have a nice chrome plated nut on the end that makes for a nice pommel. The ones from the big box stores or local hardware stores generally just have a plain steel nut.

ja50d
04-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Yup! And like Kal El Rah said, make sure you buy the 22ga. or residential type, or just get it from Tim . The ones Tim sells have a nice chrome plated nut on the end that makes for a nice pommel. The ones from the big box stores or local hardware stores generally just have a plain steel nut.

Yes, get the sink tube that has the nut on the end. I have had the chrome plug pop out of the end of my sink tube saber while dueling.

Raiden Nar
04-04-2009, 05:05 AM
One problem is, i live in england and i dont think the tools are named the same here so i might be wrong so?
And what is the Diffrence between the Normal Lux 3 green and the P4 green?

Jay-gon Jinn
04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
One problem is, i live in england and i dont think the tools are named the same here so i might be wrong so?
And what is the Diffrence between the Normal Lux 3 green and the P4 green?

The P4 is brighter, and has a deeper, richer tone to it usually.

Barmic Rin
04-04-2009, 07:39 AM
In comes the Veteran Brit to save the day!!!!

My advice is to get 35mm outer diameter aluminium tubing with 2mm walls, that's the stuff I use for my 'Graflex based' sabers. I buy from a guy on Ebay, and he's never led me wrong. Here's a link for a 12" tube that would be ideal: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALUMINIUM-ROUND-TUBE-35mm-OD-x-300mm-LONG-2mm-WALL_W0QQitemZ390023840749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BO I_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Suppli es_ET?hash=item390023840749&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318
The only down side is you'll have to polish it yourself, but that's easy!

The 1.25 sink tube adaptor just slides in there snuggly, all you'd need to do is drill afew holes in the 35mm tube that are lined up with the ones on the adaptor (follow the link Jay put up), and one for the switch. Slide the assembled kit in there, and voila!!

The blade diffuser just goes straight in the blade tubing, but be careful with what glue you use to stick the tip on with, some can cause a frosting inside the tube. Tim's Diffuser is the best i've come across, no where near me has anything remotely close to the collection of the light.

As for an emitter design, you can use a dremel o similar rotary tool (though not the Maplin ones, they're sh**e) or if you have a metal shop at school/ college, have a word with the teacher there to see if they can help. Failing that, a metal workers locally should do you a good deal, so long as you speak to the the right way.

Hope that helps, any problems, just yell!

Raiden Nar
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey thanks, for the post. Can you add me?