PDA

View Full Version : Another hay ho from an Aussie Newbie

Darth Menore
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi all I am Jedi Coral's twin Brother and the guy in black, for those that have seen our fan film. I too have a Parks Saber and one of our mock up saber that is made of Aluminium. I look forward to building my own MHS Saber after reading all the post :-? Some of the work you all have done is just awesome and a work of art.

ps. where is the cookies and the Big TV ;)

Darth Cipher
03-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome! And you can follow me over to the dark side for the cookies and big screen TV. I heard its being upgraded to an IMAX...in case any of you jedi are interested...

MasterRoop
03-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Welcome! And you can follow me over to the dark side for the cookies and big screen TV. I heard its being upgraded to an IMAX...in case any of you jedi are interested...

dont listen to him! its a trap!!!!! come to the light side. you will thank me in the end.

Darth Menore
04-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome people

Rhyen Skytracker
04-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Welcome to the forum. Your fan films are great and you really do need to turn to the light side. We may not have a big screen TV (we only have a 13" black and white TV) and we may not have cookies (we only have Jedi rations) but you will feel much better on the light side. Us Jedi have got to get better stuff.

Darth Cipher
04-01-2009, 06:08 AM
ps...the brownies just came out of the oven...

bigbret50
04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome... now I need to go get something to eat. The talk about cookie and Brownies have made me hungry.

Lord Dottore Matto
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Welcome!;)

Lord Preston
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Yay! Now we have 2 pairs of twins on the fourms! Welcome!:p

Jedi-Loreen
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh no. lol :p

Yeah, I was thinking about you and Taylor when I read his first post. ;)

Lord Preston
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh no. lol :p

Yeah, I was thinking about you and Taylor when I read his first post. ;)

Awww!:D Thats so cool.

cardcollector
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM

dont listen to him! its a trap!!!!! come to the light side. you will thank me in the end.

Don't Join either of them! Be your own side!:cool: Then you can have Ice cream, Cake, and have unlimited acess to the movies...
Jedi are weak and Sith are power hungry. Be a dark Jedi!;)

Sairon
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome, our mustafar base has a hot tub, ice cream of many kinds, TFU on a 60" plasma, and multiple other things.

Darth Menore
04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Awesome...Brownies and a hot tub. What can I say. ;):D

Thanks for the awesome welcome people.

Here is a mock up of my light saber my brother did on the on the MHS Builder.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/jedicoral/star%20wars/DarthMenoresLightSaber.jpg

Jedi-Loreen
04-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Couple points on your design:

The red screw is going through the threads on both the choke and ribbed V-grooved extension, I don't know what it's there for, but you don't want to put that there, not if you ever want to unscrew your parts.

Not sure if the Covertec knob (which is actually upside down) will miss the threads on the pommel or not, it will probably catch the threads on your fluted extension.

You'll be needing a blade retention screw up on the blade holder, too. Not everyone puts that in their designs, though.

Darth Menore
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the points I will look in to that and fix right away. :)

Darth Menore
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks again for the tips Jedi Loreen, how is this.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/jedicoral/star%20wars/Untitled.jpg

Jedi-Loreen
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
That's better. Though the blade retention screw is too low. And what is that round thing at the top of the choke? You don't put screws in the parts like that. It's not necessary, and you won't be able to unscrew the blade holder if you ever want to change the LED out.

You can put the blade retention screw where you need it when you get the parts, unless you're going to have Tim drill and tap the hole for you, it should be up as high on that style blade holder as you can get it, to hold the blade in better.

Look at where I put the set screw, for my blade retention, on my own blade holder of that style:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Lightsabers/SUNP0034-1.jpg

Darth Menore
04-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Ok i got you...thanks.