PDA

View Full Version : Vaapad! Caine Drathul style!

Caine Drathul
03-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, I FINALLY got Vaapad done...been meaning to for awhile but things like, oh having a baby, takes some free time off one's hands, haha.

But I was able to get some Saber play time today and got it finished.

Here is the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQuOrWtuYs

and here is the form at speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7cLSUrG6-I

I followed a pattern that is followed by traditional martial arts forms, something that I actually haven't done yet. But it makes it easier to learn this way (I think)

I studied scenes of Mace's fight on Geonosis, the fateful battle with Palpatine, as well as the above article...and I derived the form from these sources. My plan is to combine this form with Juyo, and merge them into one...since they are offshoots of each other. I like the idea of the Vaapad practitioner giving themselves to the dark side as they practice the form...going into Juyo, a form that is primarily used by Dark Jedi and Sith.

Also, I am using Jay-Gonn Jin's Brass Saber 14 that I recently got from him off of eBay, in the tutorial :D

Enjoy!

Novastar
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice work, Mark... I can't say I know anything about the saber forms that are coined from the films, but it's pretty cool that you're going through the efforts and work to get those things on video and explaining them to folks for the future!

Again--we'll have to find some times to meet, and see about doing some regular workshops or "dueling days" if the need, want, and following is there.

Rhyen Skytracker
04-02-2009, 03:36 AM
Very nice work. I have been trying to learn alot of the saber forms and that was very helpful. Thanks.

Col-mar
04-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Great work, the new group we're working on in the costuming forums will benefit greatly from this and your other videos. Thanks

Col-mar
04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Actually, not to put you down or anything. But I'm studying the italian rapier and longsword (used a little in jedi combat for the movies) and what you're doing is just showing routines not any real form of combat. I would suggest breaking each form down into their respective moves and creating drills for them. That way people can mix up the moves and make each saber fight differant.

Edit: My apologies, I read some of the comments on your other videos that you are a martial artist. However, I still feel that it is a valid suggestion.