PDA

View Full Version : Force sensitive storm troopers

DJMoonbass
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Stormtrooper_Saber_art1.jpg

Tell me this doesnt look sick and twisted. Im helpin rhyen skytracker with a stormtrooper lightsaber. wadaya think of this wade? :twisted::twisted:

Rhyen Skytracker
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I went to an 501st and Rebel Legion event this weekend and there were about 15 stormtrooper there. As soon as they found out I made sabers, they all wanted me to make them one. I told them, "The way you shoot, no wonder you need a lightsaber".

Darth Demens
03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I went to an 501st and Rebel Legion event this weekend and there were about 15 stormtrooper there. As soon as they found out I made sabers, they all wanted me to make them one. I told them, "The way you shoot, no wonder you need a lightsaber".

It didn't happen to be in Dallas, did it? Cause if so, I was there too...

Or maybe last weekend was just 501st event day all over the country?

Darth Cipher
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
thats a nasty dude. did you make it?

Rhyen Skytracker
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
It didn't happen to be in Dallas, did it? Cause if so, I was there too...

Or maybe last weekend was just 501st event day all over the country?

This was at a festival in Macon, GA. There was about 30 - 40 of us there and we had a blast. I am working on making a few of the stormtrooper sabers. I think they look so cool.

chase
03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
That picture is from concept art before the original movies came out. The stormtroopers carried sabers, just like Jedi and Sith. It was supposed to be a pretty common weapon.

I'm glad they changed it. Seeing how stormtroopers shoot, they would be cutting their own legs off, hitting walls, eachother,...the floor?

Hasid Lafre
03-24-2009, 06:45 AM
They dident change it compleatly, vader used them as training.

chase
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
When do you actually see that though? Not in the movies. They mention it in the books, but that's all I've heard on the subject.

Hasid Lafre
03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
On JKJA on one mission if you listen to the storm troopers before you storm the room you hear them talk about it.

Barmic Rin
03-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Sigh..... In I come to inform the masses and stop any confusion.....

In one of the early drafts of the stort, lightsabers were a regular weapon used by pretty much every militia in the galaxy, but GL changed it eventually as it would have detracted from the flashyness of a lasersword, so it became the legend that it is today.

That pic is from a short story that was published in the Star wars magazine, about clones of a Dark jedi used as stormtroopers vs those cloned from a loyal lieutenant of Vaders. That particular scene is aboard a Lambda shuttle where the Jedi clones are trying to assassinate Vader so that the original Dark jedi can take his place as Palpy's 2nd.

The original Ralph MacQuarrie design showing the common place idea of the lightsaber (for those that haven't seen it before)
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/ce/ST_Lightsaber.jpg

generally accepted design of Stormy saber
http://th06.deviantart.com/fs31/150/f/2008/224/9/c/Stormtrooper_Lightsaber_by_machinedfx.jpg

The original design for lightsaber hilts (were supposed to have an exposed piece of 'Kaiburr' crystal protruding from emitter)
http://www.yourprops.com/thumb-43d6f5c8e720a-Star+Wars+custom+lightsabers.jpeg

Jay-gon Jinn
03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
That picture is from concept art before the original movies came out. The stormtroopers carried sabers, just like Jedi and Sith. It was supposed to be a pretty common weapon.

I'm glad they changed it. Seeing how stormtroopers shoot, they would be cutting their own legs off, hitting walls, eachother,...the floor?

That isn't a concept drawing, it's from a short story that was published in the magazine, Star Wars Insider from a couple years ago. The story took place shortly after the Jedi Purge, and those troopers were cloned from a Dark Jedi, one of the Emperor's hands, named Cuis. Vader killed Cuis, as the Emporer used him to test Vader's skills, and then the clones were created by the Emperor as a test batch for an army of Dark Jedi. Vader was against the idea from the start, but the Empeoror had them done anyway. They rebelled against the Emperor, however, and Vader killed them all with help from his personal new clone stormtroopers cloned and trained by his right hand man, Lt. Lekauf. The Lekauf clones eventually became the standard stormtrooper templates.

Barmic Rin
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh, you're right, he did kill him before that.... whoops

DJMoonbass
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
still they look pretty cool. i was writting as shortstory about anakin storming the temple in ROTS and its pretty cool. has a big duel with bariss ofee and luminary unduli and in that i introduced a force sensitive clone commander created by Chancelor palpatine. its nothing official i just wanted to write it for fun.

im helping wade make the activation boxes on the storm sabers. since he doesnt have a mill.

Obi-Ben
03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone have more pictures of the stormtrooper saber?

edit:
Yeah, Ben. Right here!
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2034

DJMoonbass
03-24-2009, 04:45 PM
google it. i know there sicknaciousness (J lo theres a new word for you) arent they? im excited to help rhyen out.

chase
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
That isn't a concept drawing, it's from a short story that was published in the magazine, Star Wars Insider from a couple years ago. The story took place shortly after the Jedi Purge, and those troopers were cloned from a Dark Jedi, one of the Emperor's hands, named Cuis. Vader killed Cuis, as the Emporer used him to test Vader's skills, and then the clones were created by the Emperor as a test batch for an army of Dark Jedi. Vader was against the idea from the start, but the Empeoror had them done anyway. They rebelled against the Emperor, however, and Vader killed them all with help from his personal new clone stormtroopers cloned and trained by his right hand man, Lt. Lekauf. The Lekauf clones eventually became the standard stormtrooper templates.

What I was saying is that the McQuarrie concepts...stormtroopers had sabers. Thats it.

DJMoonbass
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Man there's alot of history I need to catch up on!!!!! And I can't bring my self to do real history homework... LOL

chase
03-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Yeah...

There is tons and tons and tons of different stuff to read and learn about. It's almost too much.

Rhyen Skytracker
03-26-2009, 06:13 AM
It's almost like trying to keep up with technology, by the time you get caught up, everything changes. lol

DJMoonbass
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I hear that. The starwars universe iS umbelievably huge

The Other Jedi
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Wether indirectly or not at all, I'm sure George Lucus is sitting back fat and happy.

Secretly I think George is a sith; the mastermind

Rhyen Skytracker
03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I agree, George must be a sith. lol

The Other Jedi
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
...although he'll never reveal his identity ;)

DJMoonbass
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Hmm... Lucas a sith? I should have known!

Darth Siggious
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Lucas can't be a Sith. Even Sith frown upon people going back and destroying their own films. What's done is done.

More specifically, we Sith wouldn't go back into movies that had a dark undertone and lighten them up with cute little alien dudes that run around Mos Eisley for comic relief, we wouldn't change the fact that Han shoots first, AND we most certainly wouldn't have cast Hayden "wait, what's my line again, I'm really not getting the hang of this acting thing" Christiansen as our supposed Dark Lord.

Rhyen Skytracker
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
He sounds like a true sith to me. Doing anything he can to gain more power, even if it means adding cute aliens running around in his movies. A sith will gain power however they can.

The Other Jedi
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
And a true Sith knows how cloud our judgement by appearing as a light or a peacemaker as Senetor Palpatine did

Darth Siggious
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Nah, he's not a Sith, what Sith would undermine the power of his own Brotherhood by making probably the most feared dude in the saga a whiny little brat who only gets whinier and whinier throughout the prequels?

Sounds like he's the only one with clouded judgement. And we Sith deal only in absolutes, right? So why would I go back and change something that's done. Wouldn't that not be dealing in absolutes?

Though, let me briefly step into reality here by saying that, this is the one franchise out there that did nothing but break my heart from 1997 to 2003 and I still stuck around through it, so the lust for power argument is strong in this case, but...

Yes he gave the world probably the best science fiction franchise ever from 1977 to 1983, but his decisions since then have been suspect. Probably the best thing he ever did was allow someone else to direct ESB and RotJ, and allow other artists to brand the franchise with their visions of the SW Universe.

Brackley
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
And we Sith deal only in absolutes, right?

Actually, the Jedi order always got that quote wrong. The Sith only deal in Absolut.

All the talk about the Dark side clouding your vision? That's just the hangover. Hate leads to suffering? Nah, eight lead to suffering, especially if you end up eating a dodgy kebab after. The rule of two was actually invented so there were less people to share the booze. And Palpatine's aged, pale, wrinkled face...well, live like Keith Richards, look like Keith Richards. :D

Darth Siggious
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Keith Richards breaks all rules of physics, math, cosmology, science and religion by still being alive today.

Barmic Rin
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Back on the subject of clones with sabers & away from delicious vodkas....

Moonbass, Anakin couldn't face Barriss & Luminara in the temple.

Barriss was on Felucia and got a tank shell in the back, (Revenge of the Sith Comic #3) & Luminara got an unhealthy dose of blaster shots to the torso thanks to Commander Gree & his identical chums. (Republic Comic #82)

As for the force sensitive clone in the temple: It's possible, the Kaminoans actually created a force sensitive Kaminoan clone (Republic Commando book #4: Order 66)

I know, you said it was just something for fun, but i'm very pedantic for accuracy in the galaxy..

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Actually, the Jedi order always got that quote wrong. The Sith only deal in Absolut.

All the talk about the Dark side clouding your vision? That's just the hangover. Hate leads to suffering? Nah, eight lead to suffering, especially if you end up eating a dodgy kebab after. The rule of two was actually invented so there were less people to share the booze. And Palpatine's aged, pale, wrinkled face...well, live like Keith Richards, look like Keith Richards. :D

Dude, that's the funniest thing I've read on here in a while!:D:D:D