PDA

View Full Version : Sayde Hawkins dance

DJMoonbass
03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Well our high schools sayde Hawkins dance is coming up in a couple weeks! And guess who is DJing it!!! Dj moonbass myfriends! I've got the schools sound board but I've got the lights! Four LED projector disco light, four strobe chaser system with control board, 2 48" black lghts, and a chuavette scatter star green laser. And them some others.... This should be awsome!!!!

Hasid Lafre
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
What kinda board?

DJMoonbass
03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Cortex digtal with dual iPod docks. It's really nice! Has very smith cross faders and EQ sliders!

MasterRoop
03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
sounds like alot of fun! i always like running the A/V

Hasid Lafre
03-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, just a couple things Ive learned when doing sound for the band my brother was in.

If its feedbacking, lower the gain, keep an eye on the low, mid and highs and change accordingly, also watch the mains output, if the board has a led display keep the mains away from the red.

You shouldn't have to push them past half, Since its a school setup its mostly meant for mic work, so keep an ear open to make sure the speakers done make sounds they are not supposed to make, like loud clicks.

More than likely someone important is going to be around to tell you weather or not its to loud, dont turn it up as soon as they turn there back.

Just play it cool, dont panic and if someone there knows how to run it better than you dosent hurt to ask for advice, wright it down if you have to.

Keep a level head and everything will go smooth, good luck man.

DJMoonbass
03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey thanks LH but I do know all of that I've taken college classes on like stdio soundboards and I have been a dj for 3 years now but thanks anyway! Good reminders...:D

Rhyen Skytracker
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
How many channels and monitors does the board have? I help run the A/V system at my Church and I am trying to talk them into getting a digital board. We have a 32 channel with 5 monitor analog board now and it is just not enough. I would appreciate any advice on digital boards.

DJMoonbass
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
to tell you the truth the only digital board i run is the cortex at my school. its a 10 channel mixer and it just hooks up to the audio system in our gym. and the mixer i use on the go is my DJ partner's Numark DJ controler with software and stuff. any help on lighting?!?!?!

Rhyen Skytracker
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
We just use par 38's with a DMX controller and use the lee color filters.

DJMoonbass
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
im lookin to get a 28 channel DMX board with strobe inputs. that will be nice. my laser is pretty cool but i want to upgrade to americanDJ fat beam...

Rhyen Skytracker
03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I am trying to get them to upgrade everrything, the lighting, projectors and audio.

DJMoonbass
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
for lighting i totally go Chauvette with lasers and AmericanDJ whith everything else. there the best. Audio: dont know that much, thats what my Partner galen is for: We both make the techno/ I run the lights and he does audio and boards.:cool:

Darth Cyto
03-26-2009, 06:17 PM
now this could just be my idiocy, but where do you go to school. i go to roseville high, and they just had a sayde hawkins dance... is that like all schools in the area, or the country? who the hell is sayde hawkins?

DJMoonbass
03-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I have know idea who sayde Hawkins in. Sounds like a nerd.

ArkaiHalon
03-27-2009, 05:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day

Rhyen Skytracker
03-27-2009, 05:35 AM
I guess only some of us old timers would know the meaning behind Sadie Hawkins day. lol We had it every year in school when I was growing up and we actually knew what it meant. lol

ArkaiHalon
03-27-2009, 06:35 AM
I guess only some of us old timers would know the meaning behind Sadie Hawkins day. lol We had it every year in school when I was growing up and we actually knew what it meant. lol

same here.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I knew what it was, but we never had one here when I was in school. I wish we had. I never had the nerve to ask a girl to a dance.

Then again, I don't know how I would have taken it if I never got asked.

Rhyen Skytracker
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Same here. I was shy in school and I looked forward to the dance every year.

DJMoonbass
03-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Girls can be evil when you ask them while they are with a group of friends. ah that was a horrible experience. I sat in a corner the whole rest the day. Curled up in a ball. Whimpering.

Darth Vane
03-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Well our high schools sayde Hawkins dance is coming up in a couple weeks! And guess who is DJing it!!! Dj moonbass myfriends! I've got the schools sound board but I've got the lights! Four LED projector disco light, four strobe chaser system with control board, 2 48" black lghts, and a chuavette scatter star green laser. And them some others.... This should be awsome!!!!

do you attend Romeo High School?

Darth Siggious
03-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Girls can be evil when you ask them while they are with a group of friends. ah that was a horrible experience. I sat in a corner the whole rest the day. Curled up in a ball. Whimpering.

This is the best time to ask a girl out, or to dance, or whatever. It shows that you're confident and that what her friends think about you would never get in between you and said girl.

That girl may have been mean to you then, but she's probably saying, "Dang, that mofo had the guts to come holla at me while I was 6 deep with my posse." (or whatever :cool:)

The curled up whimpering part may have been where you lost the edge though. ;) Always play it cool and don't let it bother you. Then they'll be asking you at the Sadie Hawkins dance, which I thought was the purpose of the dance anyway. No?

bigbret50
03-30-2009, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Darth Siggious;127357]That girl may have been mean to you then, but she's probably saying, "Dang, that mofo had the guts to come holla at me while I was 6 deep with my posse." (or whatever :cool:)[QUOTE]

LOL