PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Buy New Sound Boards???

Obi-Wan Stromboli
03-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I've looked in this shop, on the Plecter Labs, Parks, Ultra-Sabers etc... and nobody is selling a sound board anymore. I have cut-up a couple of cheap-o Hasbro toys and I'm gonna use them, for now. But Sometime I'd love to find something like Erv sells. I do not want to have to buy a MR or ForceFX just too much money for one of those just cannibalize parts. I'd like to find an enthusiast derived solution. What happened, is there a world wide glut of saber-wielding Jedi buying everybody out?

And if I've missed something in the forum please be gentle and point me there. I read and I read and I read, but never seem to reach the end!!

Thanks in advance all.

Lord Dottore Matto
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
It is a supply and demand issue. The supply does not meet the demand. CF has been discussed over and over, you just have to be lucky and good to get one. Your solution is to watch eBay or simply buy and cannibalize hasbroFx sabers. US 2.1 will be back in the shop here soon.

cardcollector
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
LDM:
In your professional opinion, is it worth $80-$120 for a MR soundboard?

Rhyen Skytracker
03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Personally, I think $85 whould be the maximum to pay for a MR. After $85, you are getting close to the US 2.1 price, which should be availble again soon.

Kal El Rah
03-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Don't forget, Tim has the Hasbro's in the shop:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/FX-Sabers-C56.aspx

8):-D:p:);)8):mrgreen:

Lord Maul
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
MR boards are only worth $40-50

Rhyen Skytracker
03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
The only reason I would pay $85 for one now is because of the availability of the US and CF. Once the US are available again, I would agree with Lord Maul.

xl97
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
LDM:

Im not LDM..

but to mimic Maul.. thats WAY to much.. IMHO of course..

to me.. they are only worth about $30+

check your local craigslist.org for 'deals'...

LordCyric
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Don't forget, Tim has the Hasbro's in the shop:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/FX-Sabers-C56.aspx

8):-D:p:);)8):mrgreen:

Are the sound boards in these identical to MR boards? Just curious

Rhyen Skytracker
03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Are the sound boards in these identical to MR boards? Just curious

I compared a Luke MR to the Luke Hasbro side by side and could not tell any difference in sound.

LordCyric
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks Rhyen that's good to know

Lord Dottore Matto
03-18-2009, 10:42 PM
LDM:

I will have to respectfully disagree with xl97 on this one. If he has a good source for $30 MR boards, then he is a lucky guy. I usually try to get them for $65 or less if I can, but I build a lot of sabers. If you are only building one saber, then 80-90 is no stretch (buy a Vader from TCSS and get a soundboard, a basic blade, battery hoder, speaker, MPP shroud AND an MPP-style clamp! Sounds like a little better deal huh?). Is an US 2.1 better? yes, but there do not happen to be any available at the moment. Are they worth 30-40 more? well, each of us has our own opinions, but I say not really (because, strictly economically speaking, I get a lot of value with an MR/HFX in other parts!). You can take advantage of many cool effects on an MR/HFX if you just know how, in fact, you can create a very nice ramping effect that is just not possible on an US board.

I am not saying I dislike US boards, as a matter of fact, I like them very much and have 10 of them being upgraded as we speak, but I choose to use both types and am never disappointed with either!

My rule, for my "top shelf" sabers- US 2.1, for my sabers that actually use- HFX/MR

Hope this perspective helps!

Darth Siggious
03-19-2009, 07:33 AM
My two cents = agreeing with LDM completely.

I also agree with Rhyen. Over $85.00 for an MR might as well be put towards a US instead.

I've been around the $50 - $60 dollar price with the MR boards (cuz I sell the hilts to make up the difference) and I think the boards are totally worth that price.

Side note: The only $120.00 MR I ever bought were the Darth Mauls brand new (2 of them, so $240.00 total), BUT now I have 2 Sith customs powered by the boards, and a totally kickbutt Darth Maul double hilt on display in front of my Darth Maul statue...yes, the Sideshow one with the LED lighted blades :mrgreen:

SO, to me that was worth the loot even though I never recovered any of the 240.

Here's the statue if you're wondering: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=71601

Obi-Ben
03-19-2009, 08:15 AM
I hope the US boards don't come back before Saturday, because that's the earliest I'll have money in the bank for them.

Darth Siggious
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I hope the US boards don't come back before Saturday, because that's the earliest I'll have money in the bank for them.

There will most likely be an announcement under the Official Store News thread before they're actually back in stock.

Obi-Ben
03-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Well, I have funding now. So the sooner the better!

Rhyen Skytracker
03-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Here lately, I have been having to pay alot more for the MR boards than I would have liked to, due to the supply and demand. I can't wait for the US 2.1 to become available for 2 reasons: 1) I need some US 2.1 boards and 2) It will drive the price for the MR boards back down to where they should be.