PDA

View Full Version : TCSS Youtube Channel

Lord Maul
03-17-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/TheCustomSaberShop

It's still under development. Right now, what we need are videos. Post the links to videos you have that demonstrate TCSS parts please. I can rip them and then put them on the TCSS channel.

Feel free to give suggestions as to the format of the channel, as well ;)

~LM

FenderBender
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/TheCustomSaberShop

It's still under development. Right now, what we need are videos. Post the links to videos you have that demonstrate TCSS parts please. I can rip them and then put them on the TCSS channel.

Feel free to give suggestions as to the format of the channel, as well ;)

~LM

What about vids of completed sabers?

Lord Maul
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I believe that is fine, Tim can chime in here.

The main thing is that they should be all TCSS parts

Novastar
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Awesome Maul! Wow, suggest and ye shall receive... I mentioned this idea to Tim about a day ago, and... poof! :)

What I can do (although it might take some time):

* Make a video slowly showing how the parts go together over an "all MHS" saber I have (I actually don't have many that are 100% MHS)

* Make a video "shout out" to encourage some of my viewers/subscribers to check TCSS out if they haven't already done so.

Because I get questions *****ALLLLLL***** the time about "how do I make X and Y and Z?" and "Where do I get the parts?" and all that... it seems clear to me that not everyone is truly paying attention to the details of my vids--they just see pretty lights and start asking every question under the sun, lol!

Which is a good.... and.... bad... thing. :D :rolleyes:

Lord Maul
03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
A video like that would be great Nova!

I've updated the layout of the page. Now the logo is the background and I attempted to style the box colors like the storefront.

Input/advice?

FenderBender
03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
All MHS parts, even if they have custom shrouds? Do they have to be all "stock" MHS, meaning un-modified?

Lord Dottore Matto
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
I messaged 5 vids of MHS sabers to you;)

Novastar
03-18-2009, 10:52 PM
All MHS parts, even if they have custom shrouds? Do they have to be all "stock" MHS, meaning un-modified?I seriously doubt Tim wants to make it so "limited". Granted, I'm also thinking it's obvious the thread would be best to help new folks, and for them to understand how a saber could be comprised of MHS parts, yet still be given "pimped" shrouds or whatever glitz, glamour and glee.

I also recommend:

* People doing simple and I mean SIMPLE demos of showing how part A screws on to part B, and demonstrate some of the "modular-ness"

* People doing quick demos of how the "basic elec. kit" could be made to work in literally a few minutes with a soldering iron + some skill and a few tools. You all know what I mean.

* People doing vids that show some tips or pointers when using screw-together parts in combination with wiring (never a lot of fun, but it's just the nature of the beast)... or even something like "cut your shroud like this first... then drill and tap. Don't do X and don't do Y... that will mess up the Z"... or whatever

Personally, I don't have a lot of MHS sabers in the first place, nor do I have the luxury of dismantling them too often because... well... many of them get used most every bloody day!!! And it's SLLLLOOOWWW business right now too!!!

Revan
06-05-2009, 09:13 AM
this will be great! we could also make videos of specific parts and some advanced application that can be used with them. like modifying them to have a functional purpose (to add to the just looking cool part :cool:)

gundamaniac
07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm...I can't be the only one thinking that Allaera's/Fender's sabers and Jaygonn's sabers would be prime examples of insanely beautiful and well-executed TCSS hilts.

goldsaberwarrior
07-27-2009, 12:59 PM
What about a video of getting a basic sinktube hilt put together? Nothing fancy but just enough to get a light on it. I still have enough spare parts to do this if you all think it would help.

Also one other question. I'm still working on the guardian saber from a few years back now that I finaly have a little cash to work with. My question is this, if I used say a CF or a US in the hilts but everything else was parts from here save for possibly the emitters, and make it to show how to use parts from here were used in the rest of the saber would this be okay? I say hilts because it'll basicaly be 2 singles I throw together and put end to end.

The way I'm understanding it Lord Maul is as long as it's TCSS parts exclusivly or mostly it's good. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Basicaly the only part that wouldn't be from the site would be a CF which I'm debating on using in the hilts.

Eco
07-27-2009, 01:02 PM
That'd be fine.
Otherwise we'd have to take out every single saber on the site that uses a CF.

cardcollector
07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Um, Novastar already did this...

It is somewhere on Youtube:rolleyes:

Kal El Rah
07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Here's the vid, Happy viewing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9qlwvtIGk&feature=channel_page

goldsaberwarrior
07-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I didn't think that would be a problem but I thought I should ask just to be on the safe side.

sekrogue1985
08-01-2009, 05:11 PM
wow we have one cool!

Novastar
08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
What about a video of getting a basic sinktube hilt put together? Nothing fancy but just enough to get a light on it. I still have enough spare parts to do this if you all think it would help.Having another video regarding sinktube sabers wouldn't be bad at all...

Sometimes I think people believe that because ONE person has made a video demonstrating X... that it somehow "invalidates" or makes it pointless to have another. Far from it. Look at soldering tutorials. Look at custom saber hilts shown (usually when completed).

Myself? You know what *I* want to see??

More videos of people showing HOW they built/wired their sabers up. This would take some work--both with editing, and with successfully filming certain actions you took in the process.

I would do this myself, but... I'm afraid I'm not a very good saber-builder... and I also don't really try to spend a lot of time building: my sabers are in USE more than they are on the "workshop table".

And when they DO fail, I get in action as quickly as I can to get them FIXED... and that right SOON.

Otherwise... I run into a b-day party requesting sabers for 18 kids... and I have 14 working sabers + 6 jacked up ones. This = SKA-WOOED. :D

cardcollector
08-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I just got a new Video camera (YAY!:D) and will start a build in the middle of august...
Maybe I'll try to do that.

galen marek
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
leave a space on yer site for my "building a lightsaber for the first time" tutorial
i'm gonna film every minuite of the building of my first lightsaber.

Thiefone
08-12-2013, 12:19 AM
I have a video on youtube featuring a MHS saber - Please check out http://youtu.be/iQ1wcWPNQxk

There is a large piece of video in the middle where I demonstrate the MHS hilt, soundboard and other features.