PDA

View Full Version : EL accent wiring with a Lux or Cree LED

Rhyen Skytracker
03-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Here is a low voltage EL inverter that I have found works great with a LUX or CREE LED setup. I was able to use a toy hasbro sound card and 4 AAA to power them and the main blade was just as bright as if the EL wasn't even there. I wired both the EL inverter and the blade LED off of the LED output from the hasbro card. Just make sure that you don't put the inverter too close the the sound card or you will get a little interference in the speaker. Here is the inverter I use. http://www.coolight.com/product-p/ifw-3294.htm

As soon as my new order of inverters come in I will make a tutorial on this process. I would also like to thank Jonitus for the tip on using a low voltage EL inverter.

LordCyric
03-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Rhyen,
I can't wait to see what you come up with as a finished product. Please keep us updated as the project moves forward.

Rhyen Skytracker
03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
I have converted some Parks sabers and the customer wanted to keep the EL accent wiring. That is how I got into it. Our customers always keep us learning how to do new things, which increase our saber smith skills. I love a good challenge and that was one of the biggest challenges I've had so far. I will post some pics of this saber as I get it further along. I will try to do a complete tutorial.