PDA

View Full Version : Anakin FX and Hasbro Speaker

thestr8metaledge
04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
alright here's the deal, I've got an Anakin ROTS FX sound board and a speaker from an older Dooku sitting in front of me (from the board w/o the motion sensor from AOTC).

let me see if I've got this right for the Anakin board:

black is negative.
red is positive.
brown is negative, the return wire from the board to the speaker.

two things that are confusing me.

1.the two blue wires that connected to the switch from the Anakin board. is one negative and another positive, or something different? I'm an idiot when it comes to electronics, mind you.

2.the Dooku speaker has two grey wires coming out of it...again, how would I tell which is negative and which is positive?

the reason I ask this is because the speaker from the Anakin is busted and I was aiming to hook the Dooku speaker up to the board. I'd heard of some of you on here hooking up Hasbro speakers to MR boards before, so maybe you could help me out? much appreciated.

Do-Clo
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by thestr8metaledge

alright here's the deal, I've got an Anakin ROTS FX sound board and a speaker from an older Dooku sitting in front of me (from the board w/o the motion sensor from AOTC).

let me see if I've got this right for the Anakin board:

black is negative.
red is positive.
brown is negative, the return wire from the board to the speaker.

two things that are confusing me.

1.the two blue wires that connected to the switch from the Anakin board. is one negative and another positive, or something different? I'm an idiot when it comes to electronics, mind you.

2.the Dooku speaker has two grey wires coming out of it...again, how would I tell which is negative and which is positive?

the reason I ask this is because the speaker from the Anakin is busted and I was aiming to hook the Dooku speaker up to the board. I'd heard of some of you on here hooking up Hasbro speakers to MR boards before, so maybe you could help me out? much appreciated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The two blue wires on the anakin switch just complete a circuit no postive or negative just touch the two together and the board powers up.

On the speaker it don't matter, just trust me on that one, I could explain it but it we would still be back to the point it don't matter.

Do-Clo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DarthVader.gif
Don't make me destroy you...

LAN-ED-TUL
04-08-2006, 09:30 PM
yes, trust do-clo, he is wise, and all knowing when it comes to electronics. he da man!!!!

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

thestr8metaledge
04-08-2006, 09:49 PM
sweet deal thanks. so from the board, do all three wires hook up to the speaker, or do the red and black go to positive and negative on the LED respectively, and just the brown wire hooks up to the two grey ones? or one of the grey ones, and you do something different with the second grey? sorry to be asking so many questions, I've just been trying to learn this stuff down pat for awhile.

Do-Clo
04-09-2006, 07:40 AM
The red wire goes to a positive battery source and the black wire goes to the negative battery source and the brown wire will connect to one side of the speaker the other side of the speaker connects to the red positive wire, don't ask I think this is screwy but that is the way MR does the connections.

Do-Clo

thestr8metaledge
04-09-2006, 06:00 PM
ok last thing, the two blue wires that complete the circuit, do I hook those to the switch in my saber in some way, or do I just fuse them together?

Do-Clo
04-09-2006, 06:06 PM
You connect the blues wires to an on/off switch of your choice. That way you will be able to turn the saber on and off by the switch. If you just tie the wire together then you end up with a saber that you can't turn on and off

Do-Clo

Pirate King
04-09-2006, 06:10 PM
if you just fuse them you wouldn't have a switch anymore, it would just stay on, so connect them to a switch.

edit: ack, too slow.
{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Do-Clo
04-09-2006, 06:12 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Pirate King

if you just fuse them you wouldn't have a switch anymore, it would just stay on, so connect them to a switch.

edit: ack, too slow.
{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ah the joy of high speed internet.[8D]

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah, wished i had high speed. all i got is freakin netzero highspeed, which is more like barely faster than just dialup by itself. still slow as moses

thestr8metaledge
04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
so it's possible to connect them to the switch already in the saber (standard push button from TCSS) or do I have to get another one entirely?

Do-Clo
04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
The switch must be a on/off switch and not a momentary switch which is only on when you hold it in.

Do-Clo

thestr8metaledge
04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
sorry to ask this so late...hooking the two blue wires up to the on/off switch, do I hook both blue wires to the same wire that the positive from the battery pack is connected to?

Do-Clo
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
No the blue wires are connected to the switch only one to each side of the switch.

Do-Clo
Brotherhood of the Sith

LAN-ED-TUL
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
man, there should be a diagram somewhere on here for that.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/groupshot.jpg

The Brotherhood Of The Sith