PDA

View Full Version : RGB or **W tri-rebel white clash flash??

cannibal869
02-24-2009, 12:28 AM
So.... question for you guys who have done the white on clash flash thing (which I think may be like 2 or 3 people total)...

I was wondering... what's the best way to do it?
Say for instance, you have an RGB and you plan on running two LEDs as the main blade and a third as clash flash.

So say you have purple (R+B) or amber (R+G) or cyan (B+G)
in order to get the white color flash, would it be better to just add the third "missing" color?
i.e. if you have R+B for purple, does it make more sense to add a White LED or a green LED as the "clash" color (assuming that the green will "blend" with the purple to make white). Just a thought I've been throwing around for a few days...

What's the concensus? Does it actually matter then? I suppose if you just had two of the same LEDs (i.e. 2 reds, or 2 blues, or 2 greens), then it would make more sense to just add the white as the clash. But if color blending already with two LEDs....hmm....

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-24-2009, 04:21 AM
I havent received my tri-rebels to test this hypothesis yet but I ordered a rbw instead of a rgb for making purple because [in my supposition anyway] if one uses a rgb then yes it will flash white on clash but, for that brief interval the blade will be ENTIRELY white INSTEAD of purple as a result of colour mixing...whereas [hopefully] with a rbw there will be a white flash on clash IN ADDITION to a CONTINUOUS purple...

...at least thats how I hope it will work out..I could be wrong...maybe someone else who has already received their rbw can tell us if it works that way.

vargose
02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
With the RBW setup you'll get a pink flash (or at the very best a light purple flash). The white light will mix with the RB and it will not flash white. Using a white LED for the flash will give a lighter color flash, but not a white flash.

An RGB setup would produce a white flash as suggested.

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
*slaps forehead*

DOH!

Thanks Vargose...

Hmmmm...I wonder if one could cut away part of the optic over the white to fix that from 'mixing' pink?

Or if not maybe I'll just wire it to run full time as pink for my 'princess saber' I'm planning anyway...it wont go to waste, lol.

vargose
02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Don't mess with your optics.

You might want to give the RBW a try anyway to see what it does. Who knows the white may wash enough of the purple out that you don't notice. I am not answering from experience just physics. The colors will mix though.

xwingband
02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
It won't mix (at least visually)... the white is much more powerful than the red and blue together. Since your eyes see brightness logrithmically it will knock the other two out. Now this is assuming you have a CF that can do the timing. The MR clash gravy is doing is a so short it doesn't have time to stand out as well.

vargose
02-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks xwing. That makes sense. I suppose I should leave it to those with rebel experience

cannibal869
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
So Xwing - does that mean that the white clash on flash is much better with the CF vs MR?? Anyone hear from Grayven lately?:confused:

Oh yeah, and how are the custom tri-rebels coming? ;)