PDA

View Full Version : Darth Nihilus / KOTOR 2

Devilstar2k2
04-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can get some good reference pics of Darth Nihilus?

I searched the web, and there are very few full body pics of him... I need to get a good idea of what his robes look like. So far, I'm thinking that its the normal tunic (plus forearm wraps, and gloves), with a cloak style robe (no sleeves, and bunched up at the neck), and then some kind of hakama pants/skirt.

What I'm not sure about is whether or not the robe is actually tattered, and whether or not he wears a chest plate like Darth Revan. I think the pic of the tattered robes may just be the artist's concept, because in the only good game still that I could find, they don't appear to be. Also, as far as the chest plate, I think that there MAY be one. I saw a pic on a KOTOR site, but I'm not sure how modded it was, it could have easily been Nihilus' head on Revan's body with a new color scheme.

Any chance that one of you PC gamers could get some screen shots for me? If so, they'd be greatly appreciated. I'm starting my costume now for Halloween, and possibly the 501st.

Thanks,

Shawn

james3
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Did you look on the 501st website? I am pretty sure I saw a few folks that have done the costume. Tomorrow I will fire up the game and see what I can get off of the screen for you.

I have no doubt that the people who have done it would be more than happy to give you pointers as well.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Devilstar2k2
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I looked... But I didn't really care for any of the Nihilus costumes that they had. Maybe its just me, or maybe bad pics, but they pretty much looked like guys wearing a mask with their bodies draped in a thin black bed sheet. A few of the guys have sleeves on their robes, which is totally wrong.

Anyway, here are the conflicting pics of of him that I was talking about... One looks armored, and one doesn't. One looks tattered, and one doesn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/xdm41/491px-Nihlus.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/xdm41/Nihilus.jpg

BTW, thanks in advance for the help...

-Shawn

Wolverine
04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
What's the story on Darth Nihilus?
The first time I ever heard of him, was seeing a mask on Ebay. How does this character fit in in the big scheme of things? I feel now like I've missed something, or have been left out, am I the only one who's never heard of him? Or, was he just in the game(s)?

Confused! [8)][:(]

Devilstar2k2
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
He's just a game character... Nothing too special... If you look him up on Wikipedia, you'll get the whole story.

Yeah, I decided to go with one of the $75 pre-order eBay masks, rather than buying a Vader, Mystery, or BobaMaker helmet. I honestly think that this will be much cheaper in the long run cuz you won't get charged the 'Star Wars costuming prices' (other than the mask)... Ya know...?

desertscorpion
04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
I think that costume would be neat. I feel like the in-game picture is just an approximation of the original artist's work. I like the tattered robe look better, anyway. The in game picture looks more like a cape than a robe. I never could figure out the squarehead thing, either. It looks like a five-man tent. Good luck.

Do-Clo
04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
This photo is posted at TFN I don't know if it will help.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d193/obi-han-/saff%20day/b48ded2b.jpg

Do-Clo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DarthVader.gif
Don't make me destroy you...

Devilstar2k2
04-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Negative on the Nihilus, Do-Clo... But the Trooper, and Boba look amazing. I'd LOVE to do a Boba Fett costume, but I'm not that talented of a painter, and I don't have nearly enough cash to complete a costume like that. Not by Halloween anyway.

Desert Scorpion, you're right. I saw that it appears to be a cape attached to a chestplate, then I think the hood is a whole seperate piece. At least going by the game photo up there. I gotta say though, that I really like the armor/cape look over the tattered look. Makes it look like he's there to kick *** on a daily basis... lol...

I think that this would make for a nice chest piece, but its a bit pricey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/xdm41/b4_1_b.jpg

Either that, or a piece of Kendo armor...

desertscorpion
04-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I totally like the idea of armor for sith and jedi, personally. I know that jedi don't usually wear it, blah, blah, blah, but it's cool. I just thought that the videogame rendering didn't look like it was well thought out. That armor you posted is wicked!

Devilstar2k2
04-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Search 'gladiator armor' on eBay... The guy makes a brown one just like it that would be perfect to go over a Jedi tunic.

desertscorpion
04-06-2006, 10:10 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

Search 'gladiator armor' on eBay... The guy makes a brown one just like it that would be perfect to go over a Jedi tunic.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nice!

james3
04-06-2006, 07:49 PM
I ended out all day so I wasn't able to get the game fired up but I will get on it tomorrow. That armor is way cool.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

LAN-ED-TUL
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
did anyone see the armor some guys been tryin to sell on ebay for awhile now of DARTH REVAN? looks cool.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Devilstar2k2
04-07-2006, 06:08 AM
I saw the Revan armor, it looks really good, but I think he only offers some of it, not the whole set thats pictured.

I think he wants something crazy like $400 for just the chest piece...