PDA

View Full Version : Prolight 5w leds

LeMoel
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
look at these spec's : there a bit better than the lux 5's and it only costs:

$13 america (american customers)(thats with shipping)
$ 17 Canadian (Canadian customers) (thats with shipping)

@700 ma

Green- 210 lumens- 7v
Blue - 50 lumens-7v
Red 135 lumens-4.4 v
Amber 140 lumens-4.4 v
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this website also offers a "dental blue" thats royal blue and its specs are:

Royal blue 750 mw-7v- @700 ma
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and they offer a UV led

Ultra Violet 330 mw-3.6v-@700 ma

heres the data sheet:

http://www.led-bulbs.com/html/prolight/Low%20Profile/5W/Star/5W_PG1X-5LXS_v2.9.pdf

Goodman
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
They look nice, I may try a couple just because I haven't considered these before. The last spec on that sheet slightly concerns me though:

"Storage
Please do not open the moisture barrier bag (MBB) more than one week. This may cause the leads of LED discoloration. We recommend storing ProLight’s LEDs in a dry box after opening the MBB. The recommended storage conditions are temperature 5 to 30°C and humidity less than 40% RH. It is also recommended to return the LEDs to the MBB and to reseal the MBB."

It's quite humid here in California, 1,000 feet from the beach...

LeMoel
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
yeah i see what you mean ,however i live in a part of B.C. that is semi desert and it gets quite humid here and my rgb prolight still performs awesomly.

its my white seoul p4 that dosent work anymore after being left alone. so i donno

Novastar
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Ignore the storage concerns... that is only for... uh... STORAGE of those LEDs over time.

You have to assume that when LEDs are in usage... you can't ALWAYS guarantee a perfect world condition for them. Humidity will vary.

They are just saying--if you're throwing them on a shelf for months (for a manufacturer or what not)... store in a dry, climate controlled place. Makes sense.

You wouldn't store your LED saber underground in wet mud anyhow... :D :rolleyes:

jamesjeffh
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I've used prolights before in pretty much every color and I'll sum this up as simple as possible .... they suck. The blue is them dimmest Ive seen out there. Seouls and K2s are better and easier to get your hands on. Blue @ 50 lumens .... yeah right.

LeMoel
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
u tryed the 5 watts?

jamesjeffh
02-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Yes sir.

Sethski
02-06-2009, 07:45 AM
On paper I believe that's a BIG improvement on the amber over a Lux III Star - has anyone tried the amber?

Looks like it could be a contender to me...

LeMoel
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
hmmm thats werid i could see the specs being off a bit like the seoul p4 green says its 182 lumens when its actually only 140-150

i believe you but thats kind of werid. how many colors did u try?

jamesjeffh
02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I tried Blue, Green and Red. All of them were just dim to me the blue was very pale almost like a white with a blue filter as a matter of fact thats how I would describe all of them. The red was decent but nowhere near as good as a lux III or a P4. I tried asking around before I bought mine the first time ... I was warned but didnt listen. I'll put it like this as long as prolights have been around if those numbers were 100% dead on we would've been using them a long time ago.

LeMoel
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
alright point taken , ur right, im gonna take them off my chart then

JediKnightBJ
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I have purchase several of these "Pro-Light" Leds. I've never been happy with the quality of the light, brightness, or how long they last. I've used them in several PVC Sabers, (3W prolights) and they burn out after about 200 hours of constant on. I used them in a wall display for a friends physics project. They aren't great LEDs.