PDA

View Full Version : Piece of Bantha Fodder...

LordJaivus
01-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Well, as some of you know I've been painstakingly trying to convert my old EL Viper Defender into luxeon. Unfortunately, Murphy's law holds true yet again. This darned thing has given me problems around every corner. If it wasn't a bad connection then it was a too long of a battery pack or a shorted out battery pack, or crossed wires, or broken wires.

However, now that I've finally managed to piece this thing together it turns out that my hasbro sound card has stopped working. Now mind you it is attached to a corbin 3w driver v2 with a 5v regulator wired between as a precaution against harming the sound board. And for whatever odd reason the assembly works just fine when lying on my workbench but when inserted into my hilt the sound won't work. I can't figure it out at all. I've gone through all my connections, tested resistance with a voltage meter, and I've insulated EVERYTHING. I give up.

So now before I get flamed for posting on the wrong topic again let me get to my question. Would anyone care to tell me if and where I would be able to wire the clash sensor directly to the driver? Or would I simply wire it to the clash/sound contacts where I formerly had my sound board?

wadeh13
01-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, as some of you know I've been painstakingly trying to convert my old EL Viper Defender into luxeon. Unfortunately, Murphy's law holds true yet again. This darned thing has given me problems around every corner. If it wasn't a bad connection then it was a too long of a battery pack or a shorted out battery pack, or crossed wires, or broken wires.

However, now that I've finally managed to piece this thing together it turns out that my hasbro sound card has stopped working. Now mind you it is attached to a corbin 3w driver v2 with a 5v regulator wired between as a precaution against harming the sound board. And for whatever odd reason the assembly works just fine when lying on my workbench but when inserted into my hilt the sound won't work. I can't figure it out at all. I've gone through all my connections, tested resistance with a voltage meter, and I've insulated EVERYTHING. I give up.

So now before I get flamed for posting on the wrong topic again let me get to my question. Would anyone care to tell me if and where I would be able to wire the clash sensor directly to the driver? Or would I simply wire it to the clash/sound contacts where I formerly had my sound board?

Did you have to trim the battery pack to get it to fit in the hilt. I had a problem just like that and it was where the spring on the battery pack was grounding out on the hilt. I used a smaller battery pack and it worked fine. you may be able to put a small layer of hot glue on the springs.

Hasid Lafre
01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Since your using a hasbro I beleave you can do this but I would wait for 100% confirmation.

With a Corbin Hasbro setup you should be able to use the Hasbro clash sensor for both boards and use a momentary switch for the lock up effect. cant do it with mr/hfx boards cause they dont like mixed voltage signals or something like that.

as for why it wont work in hilt, maybe a connection is getting jared and comes lose but when out of hte hilt its all fine, Make sure no connections are touching each other, especally the 2 boards.