PDA

View Full Version : Removing Revell Easykit paint?

Brackley
01-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Long story short, I won a gift certificate for Amazon and bought one of the Revell Easykit X-Wing models. It's pretty good, though I had to use a bit of blu-tack on some sections.

My plan was to remove the decals/paint (the model comes prepainted) and make some sort of custom one based on my Star Wars character's X-Wing. Only problem is, I'm not sure what to use.

Would something like rubbing alcohol do the job, or would this remove the grey overall finish too?

I'm going to remove the middle of the five lines on the wings, splitting them into two and making a "ten". Probably squadron insignia on the nose, and some kill markers under the ****pit. It also looks too clean, so some burn marks would be pretty good.

sithlordfaust
01-18-2009, 05:11 AM
try spot testing by scratching at the gray in an area your either going to weather or somewhere its not obvious to see to see if the gray just paint or if its the tint of the plastic. if its the plastic and not paint ., spot test an area of the paint you want to remove with nail polich remover.
its cheap