PDA

View Full Version : Switches...

bigbret50
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I will start this saying I love the switches Tim sells at the store and have used them many times.

With that being said have any of you bought any low profile switches esle where or have had luck with different switches. I need something different for one of my sabers and have not had much luck finding a good place to actually buy different switches.

I know I have seen a few posts and folks have used other switches but I can't find a viable place to buy from and would be much appreciated of any suggestions.

Sairon
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
google is your friend,:) many places out there, but dealextreme is okay for switches, but also advertizing on this site is not very good because it's rude to the owner, so search for yourself.:)

Darth Morbius
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Low+profile+switch

Hasid Lafre
01-17-2009, 12:24 AM
You sure do love that link morbo, prolly one of the best links I ever found.

FenderBender
01-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I will say this, switches are the crux of this hobby and Tim has some of the best selections of those that are available. Most of them are too big, too ugly and are just plain boring. I have spent countless amount of time sourcing almost every avenue for switches, even going so far as to contact switch companies directly to ask about small runs of custom switches.....no luck. The only ones that are really cool are the anti-Vandals and they take some....ah...work to make happen in MHS.

Hasid Lafre
01-17-2009, 10:10 AM
I will have some antivan switches soon and I will take some measurements and compare them to mhs.

FenderBender
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I have several, they dont fit without mods, and the lighted ones wont fit without a control box of some sort.

Ade Kenobi
01-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Another option is to use a standard switch and make your own cap for it so as to have a custom external appearance as I did with my saber.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4518

bigbret50
01-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys I do know how to google and have found a ton of places but I was just wondering what you all have done or dealt with. I don't want to fork out the cash for a switch that wont work or fit in a saber. Just wondered if there were any recomindations.

Trust me I have only used Tims switches so for and they have worked great but I was just seeing if there was any place out there offering anything different.

ConnorMichael
01-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Bret, check your pm