PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl picks??

ConnorMichael
01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey guys and gals. I know that sports and Sci-Fi usually doesn't fit to well, but just wondering....

1. If your team made the playoffs?
2. Who do you see as AFC-NFC champs?
3. Who will win the Super Bowl?

Mine....

1. Yes. Carolina Panthers
2. AFC-Steelers: NFC-Panthers
3. Panthers all the way

DragonStar
01-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Just a quick note to say I love the Panthers and I hope they get a ring this year.

Ideal
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
ive never been a big Panther fan, mainly cause they are billed as the "Carolina Panthers", but living just south of Charlotte, nobody gets any credit for the team except Charlotte themselves. and its funny, sometimes even announcers will slip up and call the the Charlotte Panthers.

that being said
1)my team (dolphins), my mom's team (colts) and my dad's team (falcons) all lost miserably in the first round (especially the dolphins, just...damn)
2)i hear the titans are still doing good, so lets throw them in the big game against the Panthers
3)yeah, i know what i just said, but it's still the home town team, all my other options are gone anyway, so lets see them Panthers throw down

mmafighter
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Pfft. Im in Greensboro, NC, and Go Cowboys.

Donnovan Sunrider
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I pick the Superbowl commercials. :D

Kal El Rah
01-09-2009, 05:40 PM
HALFTIME, the best part of the game:D;):-P:idea:

ConnorMichael
01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Pfft. Im in Greensboro, NC, and Go Cowboys.

Word on the street is that JJ is gonna give TO walkin papers. Whats the latest on that?

By the way, I'm in Winston. Maybe we can hook up and you can show me the proper way to apply that Peruvian Necktie :p

Kal El Rah
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
That's a Peruvian Necktie.

ConnorMichael
01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks, fixed it

mmafighter
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
lolness, connor.... yeah.. it's just spec tho. Coach aint gonna let one of his best players go. He'd let Marion Barber go before he would TO because of Choice. Choice is a great RB... He needs to get a QB that's a man, and can get completions more than he does incompletions.

ConnorMichael
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I thought that it was against fcc regulations to show rape on television :mad:

deathblood2
01-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, Titans just lost to the Ravens, I'm happy being a Steelers fan.

We have a good chance at beating the Chargers tomorrow, being that last time we played them we won 11 to 10 (odd score, right? Darn refs taking away Polamalu's touchdown then announcing it was the wrong call after the game), while the refs were against us ALL GAME (there were more penalty yards against us than their total offense).

The Steelers have beaten the Ravens twice this season, if we beat the Chargers, we have a good shot at the Super Bowl

On the NFC side I don't really care who goes, as long as it's not the Giants. They don't need 2 in a row

Lord Dottore Matto
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, Titans just lost to the Ravens, I'm happy being a Steelers fan.

We have a good chance at beating the Chargers tomorrow, being that last time we played them we won 11 to 10 (odd score, right? Darn refs taking away Polamalu's touchdown then announcing it was the wrong call after the game), while the refs were against us ALL GAME (there were more penalty yards against us than their total offense).

The Steelers have beaten the Ravens twice this season, if we beat the Chargers, we have a good shot at the Super Bowl

On the NFC side I don't really care who goes, as long as it's not the Giants. They don't need 2 in a row

Wow, it constantly amazes me how different eyes see the same game differently. To me that game was clearly officiated in favor of the Steelers (obvious home field advantage) and the Chargers squandered numerous scoring opportunities. The game should have ended about 24-18 in San Diego's favor. Well, I guess that we shall see what happens in 3 1/2 hours.

BTW, I say the same thing "the Chargers have a great chance to beat the Steelers this week and the offensively challenged Ravens at home next week...";)

deathblood2
01-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow, it constantly amazes me how different eyes see the same game differently. To me that game was clearly officiated in favor of the Steelers (obvious home field advantage) and the Chargers squandered numerous scoring opportunities. The game should have ended about 24-18 in San Diego's favor. Well, I guess that we shall see what happens in 3 1/2 hours.

BTW, I say the same thing "the Chargers have a great chance to beat the Steelers this week and the offensively challenged Ravens at home next week...";)

And the Steelers didn't stuff the Chargers numerous times, including the SAFETY? ;) Yeah, they held us to three field goals against their TD and one field goal.
Last minute of game: We score winning field goal, kick off. First play of their drive, they lateral it twice trying to score, fumbling it as Polamalu runs it in. Then the refs declare it was a forward lateral when both laterals were thrown back 3 yards easily, THEN THEY DECLARE AFTER THE GAME THAT THEY WERE WRONG.

The game was in no way officiated in the favor of the Steelers as in quote "there were more penalty yards against us than their total offense"

Ah halftime, what do ya know, Chargers have no anything except for Gates, and they gave up a Touchdown on a return (we're not exactly known for scoring on those)

14-10 at halftime, Let's stuff Rivers and his pet receiver Gates.

Best 3rd quarter ever.

Steelers used the first 7 minutes on their opening drive, ending in Heath Miller getting a touchdown reception.

Charger's first play, interception.

Steelers second drive, used the last 8 minutes to take it down to the goal line.

We had a 14:50 time of possession in the 3rd quarter

Start of 4th quarter (happening as I write)- we start on 4th down, turnover at the goal line. They pass and take it to the 10, second play, sack back to the 2. Incomplete on second down. Incomplete on 3rd down. Punt from end zone. We get it at the 50. This is gonna be fun

Update: Touchdown Steelers! Defensive Pass Interference on a pass in the endzone, we get it at the 1. Russel runs it in on First and Goal

28-10 - Game over

deathblood2
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
35-24 Final - Hello AFC Championship and the Ravens :D

Super Bowl Picks - Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Prediction- 28 Steelers - 17 Cardinals

ConnorMichael
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Well, since Carolina lost and Pittsburg won, I guess I'm going to be listening to "Here we go Steelers" all week.

Every single person except for the one cool lady (lol) that I work with including our GM is a Steelers fan. I think I'm gonna walk outside and commit harrycarry. Later.