PDA

View Full Version : Starkiller / Apprentice costume

Jedi 128
01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi
I'm looking to make Vader's Apprentice costume and wondered if anyone one knows

1. Anywhere that sells them.

2. Anyone who's made one.

3.Anywhere that sells the supplies to make one.

Thanks I have been scouring the internet(I mean revising) for ages and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help

Darth Leximus
01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I may be able to help, I've made 2 of the different costumes so my first question would be, which costume are you wanting to make?? There's quite a few to choose from. The ones I have experience with are the classic training gear (the stuff you start the game in) and I've also made the Sith Lord robes. As far as I know there is no one that makes and sells either of these costumes, but I could be wrong.

Jedi-Loreen
01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I seriously doubt there's any place that's making these costumes or armor yet.

It's something you have to do on your own, or get someone to make for you.

The only thing I've seen anyone making to sell is his lightsaber.

Goodman
01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
1. None that I know of
2. No one that I've seen yet
3. Modified clothes (cargo pants, boots, hoodie), gauntlets, and sintra plates for his chest/neck armor. Google "sintra armor". The stuff is cheap, moldable, readily available, easy to wear, and overall fantastic.

Jedi 128
01-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks everybody who has helped.
I am looking to make the original training gear.

Darth Leximus
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
OK, that costume isn't hard at all to make yourself. It's mostly some store bought stuff which just needs to be modified to your liking and then a gauntlet and the shoulder gear.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6708&page=21

If you go to this post and look at the posts by Halcyon that is the training gear I made. There isn't a good shot of the gauntlet, but I used a toilet brush holder and some scrap plastic from a Sterilite trashcan to make it. For the shoulders I used that same Sterilite trash can, they are oval shaped and sold at Walmart for $10. The sides are curved well for these shoulder and can be heated slightly and bent into different curves if need be. I used Rustoleum Aluminum spray paint with ground up charcoal dust for the weathering.

Jedi 128
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Leximus
That's a SWEET lookin' costume! Can you tell me what each bit is cause i'm the the uk so I can't get the trash can, but i may be able to make the armor bits.

Hasid Lafre
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Haha, there's a guy on RL that made one. research man research.

Jedi 128
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
RL? Is that the Rebel Legion?
I really wanna join the 501st/Rebel Legion, but i'm not 18 yet.

Alcfalath
01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
The Gauntlet ironically is mostly from what many have seen to be a top half of a Modified Boba Fett Right arm Gauntlet, with the LCD screen over the top instead of the rest of the gear... Go over onto The Dented Helmet Forums, a few guys there have made the costume and might be doing runs of the Upper Body armour..

As for the rest... Lots of Bandages, and Belts.. :D

neophyl
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
This is my friend Chris

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/caldersey/Vaders%20Apprentice/Completed/IMG_3395.jpg

This costume was put together for Celebration Europe and was used to promote the game on the Lucas Arts stand.

MasterRoop
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
i would also like to make some Force unleash costumes. Where would i find a bunch of pics of them? i cant find any good web sites.

Jedi 128
01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Just realized that the shoulders are modified Boushh armor so they should be easy to find.

Nice costume neophyl. The best place to find pics of the costume would be google images type the force un...blah...blah.... and the name of the costume.

Lord Dottore Matto
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Very Well Done!;)

Barmic Rin
01-11-2009, 03:11 AM
I imagine the flashipeclipse guys have a decent number of people that have attempted it.

BTW, was at CE when he was wearing that costume, it's so much better in real life!! Pics can't do it justice!!!!

Koda Vonnor
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Phil!

Good to see you back in the land of the lightsabres! :)

~ Bill C.