PDA

View Full Version : anyone have anakin force fx speaker/battery holder

buffalocityherpx
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Does anyone here have a spare anakin force fx battery holder/speaker.
I bought this saber on ebay, and the speaker is blown, it sounds like a cheap plastic toy now. can anyone help me, if you do let me know how much you want for it.
thanks.

what are we talkin about?

buffalocityherpx
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I forgot to say that it is the 3 AA battery type.
thanks.

what are we talkin about?

Do-Clo
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I never did find one for my Vader FX, the battery holder/speaker seem to be few and far between. Good luck in your quest.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
The speaker can be replaced.

Finding a proper sized speaker is the problem. I have used a radio shack speaker to replace the MR speaker, BUT, the radio shack speaker has a deeper magnet. I trimmed the plastic to get it to fit, but the speaker still extended the battery pack by almost an 1/8". However because I was building a custom sink pipe saber, I was able to move and the mount the electronics to account for the extra length.

The Panasonic EAS2P113D might work, it looks really thin 3mm, but it is only 20mm in diameter, that might be too small.

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Protein5000
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
You know, I bought a second hand Anakin and after hitting it a ferw times the sound went really dull and crappy, I hit it really hard again and it turn off then on straight away and worked normally. It does it every so often now. I'm gonna split the battery pack and resoler everything. Dunno, might be the same problem for you.

Less talk, more action........

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I swapped my battery pack with a different saber, and found that it worked just as crappy, and that the second battery pack worked fine in both sabers. When I disassembled my speaker, it had a huge fold in the poly. I have no idea why it creased like it did, but it pretty much put mine out of order.

Doesn't hurt to swap battery packs and to double check, if you have an extra sitting around. In my case, it required a speaker replacement of some kind, And it is a hard one to match.[xx(]

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

LAN-ED-TUL
03-31-2006, 03:39 AM
best solution: find a damaged saber off ebay. make sure the sound works. i got a vader, the one i just led lux converted last week, fo 50 bucks total. shipping included. when it arrived i slapped batts in it and believe it or not, it worked perfectly. nothing wrong at all. so i got a perfect fx mr vader for 50 bucks. if you be patient and look on ebay, lots o searchin, you will find a good deal too. and then you will have a batt pack, or just part out one of them to make a good one. best way to do it really, in my mind.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Darth Frieds
03-31-2006, 10:27 AM
read this thread and you'll have the perfect solution. read it carefully, and thouroughly.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=338

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

SaberSentinel
03-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I take it that some of those posting in this thread have disasambled FX lightsaber battery packs, my question is: what are the speaker's dimensions? I'm using the guts from a Vader (3AA version) and was thinking about using the speaker, but my hilt ID is only 1" and I wanted to know if the speaker would fit. The Battery pack technically belongs to my dad, but he said I could have the speaker if it fits.

Also allelectronics.com sells speakers that have a 1" OD and are only 5/32 thick. I Don't have one so I don't know if it sounds ok; just FYI

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

xwingband
03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Frieds

read this thread and you'll have the perfect solution. read it carefully, and thouroughly.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=338

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL, that's not exactly a fix... it does get rid the problem though.

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/reelbigporter/bannerxwing.gif</center>

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-31-2006, 05:32 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SaberSentinel

I take it that some of those posting in this thread have disasambled FX lightsaber battery packs, my question is: what are the speaker's dimensions? I'm using the guts from a Vader (3AA version) and was thinking about using the speaker, but my hilt ID is only 1" and I wanted to know if the speaker would fit. The Battery pack technically belongs to my dad, but he said I could have the speaker if it fits.

Also allelectronics.com sells speakers that have a 1" OD and are only 5/32 thick. I Don't have one so I don't know if it sounds ok; just FYI

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

The speaker is 1-3/32"(27mm) in diameter and about 3/16"(4.76mm) thick.

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Usernames suck
03-31-2006, 10:12 PM
LAN-ED-TUL,

The same thing happened to me but I got mine for about 30 dollars and when I got it, the saber worked perfectly. Did you buy yours from dealtree?

The opression of the Sith will never return, you have lost - mace windu

Protein5000
04-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Ok, You know how I said my saber sounds bad when hit, then goes back to normal? Well it happened again today, and it seemed like a good chance to test battery packs, so I switched packs and the sound still came out crappy, leading me to believe the problem is in the hilt - probably the switch. Dunno, something to think about.

Oh, about getting MR to send a new saber - well it worked for my brothers Vader that I bought brand new for his b'day, they sent me a brand new one. Then I bought 2 sabers off eBay expecting them to be brand new but they were used. I tried to do the same with MR and then they asked me from the place I got it from to make sure it was an authorised retailer. I didn't wanna lie so I didn't reply to them. Oh well.

LAN-ED-TUL
04-01-2006, 05:05 AM
yep, dealtree. we both got good deals, but you had to read the print about what they said was damaged. make sure its just a dim spot and sounds workin, thats what i done.

Firebird21
04-01-2006, 08:11 AM
I got one from Dealtree last week. It didn't say Yay ot Nay about the sound, so I hope it works! Or at least be able to fix it.

It did say the blade was "Dim" so that has me wondering...

Well we'll see when it comes in! And I didn't pay for it. A friend of mine with an ebay account (I don't have one) owed me some $$.[8D]

Have you read your Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577) today?
FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552)
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sabre.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/auto/car-smiley-032.gif

Umi_Ryuzuki
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Ok, You know how I said my saber sounds bad when hit, then goes back to normal? Well it happened again today, and it seemed like a good chance to test battery packs, so I switched packs and the sound still came out crappy, leading me to believe the problem is in the hilt - probably the switch. Dunno, something to think about.

Oh, about getting MR to send a new saber - well it worked for my brothers Vader that I bought brand new for his b'day, they sent me a brand new one. Then I bought 2 sabers off eBay expecting them to be brand new but they were used. I tried to do the same with MR and then they asked me from the place I got it from to make sure it was an authorised retailer. I didn't wanna lie so I didn't reply to them. Oh well.

There are a couple places for the circuit to cause problems other than the switch. If it was the switch, you would experience lighting problems also.

The contacts at the battery pack could be dirty, or not connecting firmly. The wiring to the spring contacts could be loose, or the three wire plug socket at the brown connection could be loose also.

If you are not having any lighting problems, it could also be then it could also be just the brown wire connection at the PCB.

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

987654321a
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
its hard to find the speaker.

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

LAN-ED-TUL
04-02-2006, 01:28 AM
thats why it might be best to buy a damaged one from ebay, and pay attention to what the damage is on it. i stay away from any that say, it doesnt come on, or sound doesnt work. just look for ones that say stuff about the lighting. if your converting to lux, it shouldnt be a problem in that regard. as long as sound works should be good.

Protein5000
04-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Ahhh, thanks Umi, when I take it apart I'll have to check it out. You reckon I should split the houseing of the sound/light board to look around?

Umi_Ryuzuki
04-02-2006, 11:15 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Ahhh, thanks Umi, when I take it apart I'll have to check it out. You reckon I should split the houseing of the sound/light board to look around?

That's really the only way to check on the contacts and the wiring between the battery and the board. The two halves can be Plastic Welded back together if you want to re use the whole mount.

I shop like Lan-Ed-Tul though, bid on the ones that have the least number of problems. And Dealtree-Auctions does sell undamaged open box sabers that have no damage or issues at all. They sell for 50-78 bucks. Most of them go for around $56 as long as people don't get into a bidding war.[;)]

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Protein5000
04-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I got mine....well lets just say there were a few problems with the deal. But I did end up getting 2 used Anakins delivered to Australia for $80.