PDA

View Full Version : Toy trains us to use the force??

ThreeQuadFive
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Anyone else see this???

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-01-06-force-trainer-toy_N.htm

"The Force Trainer (expected to be priced at $90 to $100) comes with a headset that uses brain waves to allow players to manipulate a sphere within a clear 10-inch-tall training tower, analogous to Yoda and Luke Skywalker's abilities in the Star Wars films."

*drooool...orders 4*

Alcfalath
01-08-2009, 09:59 AM
That is pretty awesome :D Even im tempted to get one.. :D or 4 :D

Braxus
01-08-2009, 10:09 AM
that is awesome!! i was watching something like that on the discovery channel awhile ago. a paraplegic used brain waves to move a mouse curser accross the screen. he could browse the internet, watch TV and change the channel, use the phone, all from the brain interface. it was really cool.

Now we get to tap into this technology and test our concentration. I wonder how hard it really is. i want to try to manipulate the ball with out using the hand gestures.

deffinetly buying this!!

Goodman
01-08-2009, 10:11 AM
DEFINITELY going to have to try this out with the kids :)

Sounds like more brain activity = more power to the fan blowing the ball = ball rises

Simple, but neat.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
now that is cool, can't wait till they apply this to videogame controlers

MasterRoop
01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
sweet! this is the start of making video games where you play it with your mind. just think, then video games will make your mind stronger!

Donnovan Sunrider
01-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it all starts with a harmless little ball. Next thing you know...

Monsters from the Id.

JedimasterJSA
01-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Check this (http://www.emotiv.com/) out. This is something similar, but it's a computer game. Look at the products page.

that is awesome!! i was watching something like that on the discovery channel awhile ago. a paraplegic used brain waves to move a mouse curser accross the screen. he could browse the internet, watch TV and change the channel, use the phone, all from the brain interface. it was really cool.
I think this might be the product you saw Braxus. There's a news article about that at the bottom of the page about a brain powered wheelchair.

Barmic Rin
01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I like the Geekologie writers review of it, but his site isn't one for the kids...

ThreeQuadFive
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
ROFL Barmin thats where I first saw it :-D

Lord Preston
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm so getting this....

RandallFlagg
01-12-2009, 08:14 PM

Monsters from the Id.

My luck, I'd hook it up to my melon and the little ball would start tapping sixes over and over.....

Kal El Rah
01-12-2009, 08:29 PM

Monsters from the Id.

Ah Forbidden Planet, EXCELLENT SCI-FI movie:D:cool: