PDA

View Full Version : Masking with powder coating in 2 colours?

Sethski
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Tim and folks.

Tim, or anyone else who might know: would it be possible to mask off a piece and have it powder coated with one colour, then mask off again and add a second colour to the same piece (or just masking the second time if that would be less work)?

What I'm specifically thinking is a ribbed, v-grooved section with the ribbed/grooved part in Solar Flat Black and both ends in Bright White. Been doodling saber ideas and now I'm starting to have some serious shopping urges...

I did find a couple of threads about masking looking possible, but nothing specifically relating to the PC from TCSS.

Alcfalath
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Its possible, maybe.. It depends on how complex the job is.. Yours doesnt sound too complex, but Email Tim... he will have an answer for you.. He is the Powdercoat Master :D

JetSet
01-06-2009, 06:12 AM
I recall seeing something about this. I think it was that Tim can do things like this but prefers not to because of the complexity.

Lord Dottore Matto
01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
it is doable, but is a huge pain in the b[]77!

Sethski
01-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Having been in contact with Tim about it, he's not 100% on how it will come out and so has reservations coz of that, but is willing to give it a whirl.

I'll update with how it turns out...