PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this?

LordJaivus
01-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I found this on google while trying to find some parts. It seems as if it would be rather simple to swap out the led for a luxeon and attach a blade. Has anyone seen one of these in person to confirm this thought?

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/LSTORCH/Full-Size-Lightsaber-SFX-LED-Torch.html

Novastar
01-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Good find (I'd assume)... :)

I don't personally know if it could be made to house a 1" OD blade, but... I'm sure people could figure it out.

And hey... if people just want a power on + power off sound... plus they don't mind a plastic / cheap hilt... pretty cool.

Donnovan Sunrider
01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Awww... that's cute.

Even if it can't hold a blade, it may be a gateway drug for people to want a better sabre of their own design. ;)

Darth Morbius
01-04-2009, 11:34 AM
That's kind of neat! :cool: Though I am wondering if that is a LICENSED product?

If so, Someone at LFL might actually be wising up a little. :)

eastern57
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey! I just remember I ordered one of those two months ago. Whattheheck?

edit: gah, I just checked... "Estimated deliver date jan27 - feb12"... dang...

Angelus Lupus
01-14-2009, 05:41 PM
If they ever turn up let us know what the quality is like.

Malaki Skywalker
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
That Ani torch is cheap plastic. Just like the Hasbro sabers... :rolleyes:

eastern57
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Haha! This thing is so fun! If I were about 24 years younger - this would be the best toy EVER. I am not, however... but it's still pretty nifty. ;)

It's actually smaller than I thought - which makes sense... it's only supposed to be a cheap flashlight anyway. It's about 9.5" long and averages only about 1.25" wide.

It's got two switches on it: one latching (slider, gold lever) and a momentary (pushbutton, temporary/gold strip).

There is sound - that surprised me! Of course, there's only two: on and off, but still a fun bonus. The latching switch turns it on - and actually keeps it on until you turn it off. The momentary turn it on for a few seconds and then it automatically turns off.

It only runs 4x 3mm HB blue LEDs, but off of 2AAAs, that's not too bad of a deal. As an actual flashlight/torch... it's pretty dim... but it's the novelty that makes it fun.

I made a vid too ;) btw, it's not the tapping that made it turn off, it only stay on for a few seconds with the momentary switch.

click:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/Anakin%20custom/th_MOV04501.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/Anakin%20custom/?action=view&current=MOV04501.flv)

LordJaivus
01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
jeez, that think looks like it would be more of a pain in the butt to convert than my viper defender was.

Kal El Rah
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I like it. I have an obi tv remote control and it has sound for most of the functions, yes a novelty item for sure.:)

Jedi-Loreen
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Why would you want to convert that? It's more of a toy than the MR/Habro FX sabers are.

LordJaivus
02-01-2009, 01:34 AM
That's what I'm saying, I wouldn't. When I first found it I wasn't aware it was a toy. Now that I know, I won't waste my money on it.