PDA

View Full Version : Led Blade and Hilt Construction

Chuber
03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi... I am from Argentina, here we speak spanish, so pardon mi english =)
I am new with this stuff and i need some help.
I have some parts to buil the saber: Have the sink tube and the red Led. I can't get the polyC tube, either the difusser. Where do you think i can buy them? The difusser is a tube? What material is it done of? If there is someone who speak some spanish or is from LatinAmerica i would like to talk with him... Thank you for reading my post, nice forum you have... "Que la Fuerza los acompaņe" (May the Force be with you).-[:D]

Strydur
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I can't get the polyC tube, either the difusser. Where do you think i can buy them?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Click up there where it says "Click here to enter store"[:D]

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Devilstar2k2
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
^ Hows that for service...? Shipping to Argentina just for you... [:p]

EDIT-

Welcome to the forum, BTW. [;)]

Neymore
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
wow strydur, that is some good service,lol [:D]

this is neymore, formorley marty123

james3
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Another satisfied customer in the making.
Welcome to the best darn forum on earth.

So, guys, was that a little over the top?

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Strydur
03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Actually I have shipped to....

Canada
Singapore
France
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Brazil
Norway
Portugal
Germany
Japan
South Africa
Australia
Poland

I am sure I forgot a few others..

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Hola, Chuber, Como usta usted?

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

GeluKhanGharr
03-29-2006, 04:04 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I thought it was "como estas usted"...hmmmm

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

UltraSWG
03-29-2006, 05:22 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

I thought it was "como estas usted"...hmmmm

That would be improper conjugation of the verb "estar". "Estas" is the familiar form of the verb, and which doesn't require the familiar noun "tu" at the end. "Esta" is formal, and with it, you use the formal noun, "usted".

So to your buddy you would say:

"Como estas?"

And to someone not as familiar, you would say

"Como esta, usted?"

http://www.ultrasabers.com
Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Chuber
03-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Jajaja... Thanks guys for your replies... I know i can buy the stuff from Tim shop... but i dont have credit card... so mi question was where, i mean, at what kind of shops can i buy a polyC tube and a polyE tube...? I dont know if here in Argentina we can get polyE tubes... what other things can i use to build the difusser... and Tim, don't worry, i am not intended to steal your bussiness, besides i m living in the other corner of the globe!!! "Que la Fuerza los acompaņe, mi jovenes compaņeros Padawans"...

Strydur
03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Well hopefully without sounding like too much of a jerk...

You could probably find them at shops that sell plastic???

I know you are not trying to steal my business but do you make it a habbit of going into business's and asking them if you can buy the items they sell at some other store? I have nothing against you personally but this sort of question is really getting old.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Devilstar2k2
03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chuber

... but i dont have credit card...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Buy yourself a Visa, or American Express, gift card... POOF!! Instant credit card. [;)]

xwingband
03-29-2006, 09:43 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chuber

... but i dont have credit card...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Buy yourself a Visa, or American Express, gift card... POOF!! Instant credit card. [;)]

Yeah, but I doubt he could stop by a grocery store and pick one of those up like we can.[:p]

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/reelbigporter/bannerxwing.gif</center>

Devilstar2k2
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Those credit/gift cards are world wide... I think...

EDIT-

Yup...

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif/cda/page/0,1641,7170,00.asp

james3
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Tim's payments are through paypal so you have other choices then just credit card. Last time I checked bank account was still the #1 choice in setting up a PP acct.

Just a thought.

Devilstar2k2
03-29-2006, 10:16 AM
^ Good point... He could easily do an e-check.

suit_man
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
don't worry chuber, we will find a way to direct your money to tim!! [:D]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

zack
03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey tim, I was wondering. Will all these parts work together and fit properly to each other?

1-1/4" x 12" Chrome sink tube- or any tube that is 1-1/4"

Screw on LED/blade holder style 1

Screw on pommel style 1

Zack

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
You have some parts mixed, the screw on emitter and screw on end cap are for the mhs system and will require the purchase of the adapter that goes from the mhs parts to 1.5" diamater sink tube. They will not work with the 1.25" sink tube

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

james3
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
If we have enough requests, Tim may make blade holders for 1.25" pipes but like Do-Clo said all of the MHS stuff is geared around the 1.5" pipe.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2006, 10:19 PM
ok, so i missed it by one letter, remember guys, it was back in 76 thru 77 when i learned spanish, so im a lil rusty. i think only missin it by 1 letter is good for 20 + years. Hola, Chuber, Como Esta Usted? i was tired when i posted it also, so be easy on me, please.

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
The simple solution would be for Tim to add an adapter from the mhs to the 1.25" sink tube like the one for the 1.5" sink tube that way it would only require stocking one part.

Do-Clo

zack
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm just trying to find the right parts to fit the saber I want to build. The LED/blade holder is most important. How Does Tim make the LED/blade holder anyway?

Zack

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 11:09 PM
The holder is machined out of aluminum stock to the correct size and shape.

Do-Clo

james3
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Do-Clo I was thinking about sliding the blade hoder in to the pipe never thought of using a large emitter area on a smaller hilt, sounds cool, good call.
Too many choices not enough time[:p]

LAN-ED-TUL
03-30-2006, 02:52 AM
kinda a stepped down adaptor that one end fits in sink pipe but still is the same size on other end to accept the current screw on holder, brilliant, have a shoulder that fits up against the sink pipe end, where it steps down to fit in sink pipe. kinda like tuims old holders in reverse. if ya get what i mean.

Do-Clo
03-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Here is a stunt saber that I built out of my parts box. I used the large end of the 1.25" sink tube to fit a lowes style blade holder. I like the look of the large emitter.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/IM000060.jpg

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-31-2006, 08:29 AM
so thats a lux then? cool lookin do-clo. man, we need to get together and duel some, maybe some day it'll happen.

Do-Clo
03-31-2006, 12:43 PM
No it is just a plain old saber that is currently on Ebay. It was just a collection from the parts box that turned out well.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
04-01-2006, 02:48 AM
oh ok, couldnt tell from pic.