PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wires on MR Board

Powered Convoy
03-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,
I had my Luxeon LED all wired up and ready to go from the innards of a MR Vader. Everything was working fine yesterday. I go back today and notiece that the little brown wire that connects to the board to the battery pack connector has disconnected. I tried to hot glue it back in place as that's how MR had it connected with little success. About 30 minutes later the brown, the black, and the red wires have all become disconnected. [:(]
Now, my question is, could I just solder these back to the board? Or do they have to connect them and just hot glue them in place? Also, if soldering is the answer, do I have to make sure that each piece of solder is separate from the other two? Any helps is appreciated. [:)] Thanks guys!

Randy

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
The hot glue is used to help hold the wires in place but not make the phyiscal connection which is done with solder. You would need to carefully solder the wires back on one at a time making sure that nothing shorts and then once you are sure everything is working use hot glue for extra strentgh. It is important the wires are soldered back where they came from and that there is no connection between them.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Powered Convoy
03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to get to work then. :)

Randy

Powered Convoy
03-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Well, I'm glad to say that my custom is now working again with lights and sound.
Though, I have to wonder, the brown wire is for sound, the black is the light, so what is the red for? Does anyone know?

Randy

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Can you post a picture?????

Do-Clo

Powered Convoy
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Thank you again for your help. Took a little time and patience and like I stated in the previous post, it's working again. [8D] Here's the picture (sorry for the blurriness). The brown wire connects towards the left (near the two yellow wires for the activation button), the black is in the center (for the light), and the red is the right most.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/PoweredConvoy/Lightsaber/DSC03459.jpg

Randy

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
The Black wire is the ground(-)wire
The Red wire is the Hot (+) wire
The Brown wire is the negative(from the board) return wire to the speaker. The other terminal of the speaker is wired hot to the (+) of the battery pack.

[8D]

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=494

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2006, 01:49 AM
nice info umi.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Powered Convoy
03-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks. That all makes sense now.

Randy

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 09:07 AM
The brown wire is speaker high or the plus side and the speaker low or negative is shared with the black wire ground for the sound board. This is common in most circuits for the speaker ground to be the same as the ground for the device.

Do-Clo

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-29-2006, 11:48 AM
You're Welcome,

When I put a multimeter on the battery pack, I found it
odd that the battery pack had one ground, and two
hot(+) terminals. It seemed backward, So I took the
battery pack apart, and found that the speaker was
wired directly to the positive(+) terminal(yellow wire inside battery pack).
This is why, when connected to the battery pack, the
brown wire reads as a hot(+) 4.5v till the saber is
turned on.

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 12:12 PM
That is screwey it goes againist every circuit design that I know. I have not broken open a MR battery pack yet, I was just going on what the standard design is for aduio circuits.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM
that would make a guy like do-clo go nuts. being a electrics wiz, and all, as he said, it goeas against all his known logic. lol

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
In fact I have a MR battery pack that has a problem so I will be taking it apart tomorrow and I will get to the bottom of this.[:D]

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-30-2006, 03:08 AM
i know you will do-clo, a lil reverse engineering there and the secrets to the universe will be revealed, lol kiddin. just dont let it shake your world too hard do-clo, lol