PDA

View Full Version : Combo weapons?

Darth Evicerous
12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Just wondering if any one out there ever considered reviving an old earth traditition of combining powder and blade, or in this case blaster and blade?
What I'm wanting to do is build a Sith saber with a little surprise in the hilt.
blade on one end and blaster on the other. I know it's more to pack in a hilt, just looking for opinions ,ideas, been done before, ect. Thanks in advance for any help

Sairon
12-26-2008, 10:54 AM
gunblades have been made in the past, a new knife has a coceiled 45 caliber weapon in the handle, yes the world has done many things like this. though I don't know hough you would want do it exactly, if you put the barrel in the pommel(might cause sound problems unless you put the spoeaker near the balde holder) and if it is going to be a blaser put a 1 watt led in it or a couple accent leds, for sound there is erv's blaster core and those cheapy walmart blasters.

Darth Evicerous
12-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the reply ,I knew of weapons like this in real life (if that is what you want to call this ha ha ha) I was kind of hoping against hope I might have come up with something new saber wise ,dont get to look around much always stuck in the rut of "real life" I know the basics of how to construct but advise is always welcome

Darth Evicerous
12-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I was thinking about using a blade holder as a pommel to mount the LED for the blaster that way , the sound is still what gets me I would prefer not to drill holes in the hilt if I dont have to

Sairon
12-26-2008, 11:17 AM
if you pust a render of your hilt I may be able to fix this sound problem.

JetSet
12-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I've been working on a Tonfa style saber, and something like this seems perfect for it since you'll already have a pseudo gun handle.

Sairon
12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
okay, the thing I think you could do is put the speaker is behind the t part next to the barrel of the blaster and drill holes for the speaker. if you are going crome for this saber, you could get some aluminium duct tape from home depot to cover up the drill holes but the tape is thin enough to let sound out.

Darth Evicerous
12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
What I'm thinking about is not so much blaster with saber attached but saber with straightline blaster in a slightly longer hilt,just a little surprise for the Jedi who's made their way on to your list.

-----------------------------------------------------
blaster
end

------------------------------------------------------

Sairon
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
yeah, I get what you mean, got a render?

Barmic Rin
12-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Just ask this guy about his one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/images/173/ulysses31.jpg

LOL!!!

If you're after the straight handled style, there was a fanfilm with one (contract of evil I believe) take a look on theforce.net for it

Darth Evicerous
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I hardly ever have time to do much research so like I said earlier any help is good help. I dont have a computer rendering at the moment just on old fashioned paper.

sithlordfaust
01-10-2009, 04:20 PM
i was thinking of making a saber/blaster. where the saber detatched from the gun stock powered by a cf & blaster core. when it is on the gun stock a switch would be activated to switch to the blastercore

Barmic Rin
01-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry, the fanfilm was Broken Allegiance:

Here's the spot on force.net for it:

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/brokenallegiance/