PDA

View Full Version : Complete LED Blades

Usernames suck
03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Can you fit the led strip from the stock MR into Tim's blade? And all you need to do to make the blade fit in the stock MR hilt (without the custom blade holder Tim offers on the site) is to sand it to make it fit?

The opression of the Sith will never return, you have lost - mace windu

Do-Clo
03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
No the strip would not fit inside of one of Tim's poly-c 1" blades because the wall thickness is different the MR has about 1/16" thick wall and the blade tim sells has a 1/8" wall making the inside diameter smaller. You possibly could force the led strip into Tim's blade but you run the risk of breaking the strip. The poly-c blade could be sanded to fir a MR blade holder but have you ever sanded poly-c tubing? Not an easy task.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

suit_man
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
the strip would fit into tim's blade, but probly not the foam thing that goes around the strip. i would try it, but i don't have any of tim's blades.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Do-Clo
03-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Thats what I meant the foam would not fit then the blade would look really bad because the foam acts as a filter to spread the light from the leds so it doesn't look so spotty.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Protein5000
04-14-2006, 05:06 AM
Actually, I tried it - the foam fits into Tim's blade and diffuser. Its a slow process but very snug. You can get it in there.

Less talk, more action........

james3
04-14-2006, 05:35 AM
But would the thicker blade allow you to dual with the string of LED's? I would think that you would still run in to the same problems with the joints popping.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

WeirdoTransvestite
04-14-2006, 06:03 AM
It's not a matter of blade thickness, it's the shock of the two blades impacting that breaks the LED connections. It would still break, just not the tube itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/AARefugeeBar350.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/LaughingManROTATE.gif