PDA

View Full Version : Activate TWO USv2 Boards with ONE Tactile Switch?!?

Goodman
12-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Is it possible to both program and activate two separate USv2 boards simultaneously using the same tactile switch?

It's a LONG story why I'm asking...

...Okay, so it's a twin bladed lightsaber running twin USv2s powering twin BBW tri-lux rebels (BBs via the USv2) via twin 7.2V li-ion packs. (One W via 1000ma buckpuck/6V AAA NiMH pack/momentary button, the other W is inactive).

*phew* That's for another BuildUp thread. Notice I didn't say light'staff'...

So anyway, yeah, is there a way to link both boards to a single tactile (DPDT-ish?), or will I have to still use two separate tactiles?

Sairon
12-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I'd go with two switches so it will be easier to wire, and you can make the saber disconect into two sabers(if thats what you want).

Jedi-Loreen
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd think you'd have programing problems, trying to program 2 boards with one switch.

Roy's Blues
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Use two tactiles. The board was not designed to be wired in the way you are describing

Goodman
12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Ah, so be it, I knew that way would be too difficult.

As a workaround, I figured out a way to position the two tactiles beneath one larger push switch, so I can kill two birds with one stone after all. :)

Darth_DevilGuy
12-25-2008, 04:13 AM
if you have the room it might be easier to set up pucks with the US V2 controlling both, that way you'd only have to use one and still get all the features.

Sairon
12-25-2008, 03:59 PM
don't think the board could take the amount of voltage, besides he has two boards. but it is a great idea to save a board for another saber

Goodman
12-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks Darth, but I believe Sairon's right about the voltage.

Right now, I have each USv2 powering two of the LEDs on each tri-lux's PCB (3.6v each, LEDs are wired in series).

I really want to wire the third LED on a separate circuit with a buck puck and a momentary button for a flash (The third LED is white --the first two are blue). 'Have to wait until mid-Jan to get receive the actual tri-luxes from XWB to test the concept's feasibility.

With two blades stacked a half inch apart like how I'm planning, that will be basically SIX LEDs. :) Four blue that are always on with setting 3 flicker, and two whites on momentary with a 4V flash off a six wire buckpuck (Tim please restock!) with an inline pot so I can ramp them up to full if I ever wanted.

By the time it's all over I'll have A LOT of volts in this thing, and so far all of it still fits in a 15" hilt... (so far)