PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Led Mounting on star

Jase Kala Maris
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone I was wondering if I could get a hand on this topic.

I wanted to get some rebel leds but the thing is I've never mounted any leds on stars and I heard they are a pain in the butt to do.

Soooo does anyone have a suggestion about a retailer I could buy them from?

Or perhaps if anyone offers I could buy all supplies needed and have them shipped to them for mounting, I did find a couple of places that have the leds and the stars but not mounted. I have no problem paying a fair price for mounting them.

wanted a cyan yellow and green done. Rebels

and if anyone knows where I could get a Red-O LuxIII on a star that would be great!

P.S. I'm going rebels to try cuse of X-wings praises, his comments have me sold

thanks guys

Lord Maul
12-23-2008, 07:22 PM
The luxeon III you can buy in the shop.

Do you want all three of those colors mounted on one star, or three separate stars?

eastern57
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Jase, I PM'd you.

Jase Kala Maris
12-23-2008, 07:28 PM
three different stars.

you guys are faster then a ignited saber!

and doh, sorry didn't see that the Red-0 was in the shop my bad!

Lord Maul
12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
There are sites out there that sell premounted rebels. Try ledtech, I think that was one of them.

Frank G
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
but how hard is it to mount thouse rebels?

I would love to experiment with some combination of rebels. Although it might not be that easy to fit enough power inside a hilt.

Lord Maul
01-06-2009, 07:32 PM
You have to have a reflow solder station. Very hard, unless you know what you're doing.

Frank G
02-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Well luxeonstar.com is now offering mounted rebles in there tri-emitter form, thats right triple blue, triple red and triple green.

That was the kind of experimenting I wanted to do. Although I guess they are using the less bright emmiters but still 3 Blue Rebels would be 57 lumens, and the Luxeon V says 48 lumens.

The bad news is the polymer optics price, more than twice of what you would spend on regular collimator and holder

Madcow
02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
I just bought a couple single rebels from:
http://www.led-tech.de/en/Luxeon-High-Power-LEDs/Luxeon-REBEL-c_49_85.html

- each mounted to a star with the emitter dead center. You have to e-mail them and ask them to mount it for you.

MC

Frank G
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I just bought a couple single rebels from:
http://www.led-tech.de/en/Luxeon-High-Power-LEDs/Luxeon-REBEL-c_49_85.html

- each mounted to a star with the emitter dead center. You have to e-mail them and ask them to mount it for you.

MC

Did you have to pay extra to have it installed?

Madcow
02-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Yup, but it was a minimal charge.

Be aware - they mounted one rebel wrong - it did not work. They quickly shipped me another - but it must be a different BIN blue - not as bright. Waiting to hear back from them.

You can also get X-wing to do it.

MC

LeMoel
02-20-2009, 02:05 AM
yeah you need a reflow solder stAtion ask xwing maybe you could send him the leds and he can do it. or led tech

i donno if i would go with those triple endors there too spaced could wash out the color.

get a triple from xwing