PDA

View Full Version : Resource Compendium

shadowdragon986
12-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I really, really loathe that this has to be my first post. It feels like I've given up.

This is not a post to be 'newbie' help, nor am I asking, I hope, a question that has been repeated ad naseum. In my foraging through the forums, I have noticed several people listing resourcing sites where they order specialty parts. However, I have not noticed a central location where this knowledge is gathered for the uninitiated, leading to several redundant threads and cross-links with replies to use the search function. For example, I have been searching for suppliers of parts such as membrane, touch, or LED switches. I have found a few through my lists, but I know more exist I am not aware of that have not been posted.

I propose that this knowledge of parts and other information be listed in an index, preferably in this thread if it is accepted. However, this would be within the following guidelines:

1. First and foremost, this is not a place to advertise any competitor with The Custom Saber Shop. This is not a place for testimonials or shout outs to other dealers. When I speak of custom parts, they are parts that are not normally sold by The Custom Saber Shop. For example, switches, circuits, motors, LED colors, etc that can be found/modified for use in lightsabers that are not carried by Tim currently. If in the future, these parts are offered by Tim and/or The Custom Saber Shop, the link will be removed from this list.

2. If you submit a link, please organize it by the product/processing it is meant to enhance. For example, tools, costuming, props, lightsabers, custom machining, or information and tutorials (tool uses, soldiering, books, circuit diagrams, costuming tips, etc) relating to the construction of these items. I will edit this post and place it in the appropriate listing.

3. Much information is available on the forums, I am sure. However, this is to be a central location for this information for either newbs or inspiration for quick reference in order to cut down requests for the same information multiple times. Therefore, please do not post cross-links to other threads, unless those threads contain relevant information of the efficacy of the product.

4. Absolutely no testimonials to the benefit or detriment of any parts supplier. This is for information only, not advertisement.

5. If you post a link to your own site, it is not to be used unless a tutorial or other information can be found quickly and easily, not to advertise your own product.

6. Any link posted MUST be in accordance with the forum rules.

7. Please do not post pictures of your lightsabers. There are other threads for that.

Strydur
12-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I understand why you want this and while I don't hate the idea I cant condone it either..sorry