PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is this Blue Fox?

Blue Fox
12-15-2008, 12:17 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/MiriTekker/Avitar.gifBy now, I'm sure you've seen me around. I'm also known as Miri Tekker and out of Science Fiction's greatest inventions, like the teleporter or warp drive, nothing has captivated my imagination the way the Lightsaber did. I'm also a big star trek fan and while I can tell you ow a warp core works, I've never taken the time to build my own lightsaber. My journey began in a Meijer when I was shopping for Christmas for my children. They had some force FX lightsabers there and I was amazed at how far technology ad come since the day when my brother had one of those flash lights with the transparent tubes. I didn't have the money to buy one at the time, but I knew I had to have Obi-wan Kenobi's.

2 years later I have 3 MR sabers: The Vader, the first one I got and the one I like the least. It was sort of like a consolation prize because I couldn't find an Obi-wan Its too big, awkward and the clamp box is just in the worst place it could be. My next was the Yoda, A gift from my mum when she visited me from the UK. She couldn't find the Obi-wan and so got me the Yoda. If ever there was a saber that felt comfortable, this was it. its small, light and uncluttered. It's also my son's favorite and he as to duel with me using it. But then I cant see him wielding Darth Vader's at 6 years old. Ever seen that scene from Force Unleashed when Vader finds his new Apprentice? yep, that's how it looks too.

My final one was a gift from my children. Its the very 1st saber you ever see. Luke's from A New Hope. They knew that I wanted a saber with a blue blade and they finally got me one. Now I'm here, thanks to Mcich, learning to build my own someday and generally pester everyone in Shout Fox.. errr.. Box. I have made many friends here and I thank them for making me welcome. A special shout goes to LDM for finally ending my quest for the Obi-wan Saber, the Vader conversion. I dont think I've met a man with a bigger heart!
If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask ^_^

Jedi-Loreen
12-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I extend a warm welcome to your belated introduction.

Which probably isn't necessary, since we've already been chatting together. :p

But I'm doing it anyway. ;)

morrisart85
12-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Grats on the Obi-wan, and welcome to the Jungle! You know that from here on, you're only going to become more and more obsessed! and you're going to love every minute of it!

Alcfalath
12-15-2008, 08:55 AM
I echo that as well :) So 'officially'... HIIII :D

mmafighter
12-15-2008, 07:49 PM
aaaaaw, you didnt mention the beloved mmafighter??? I'm hurt. Welcome to a great person!!

astromech_kuhns
12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
yes you have bugged me on the shout box!!! just kidding. nice to see the intro. wish you luck and am glad you got your saber!

its ok mmafighter she forgot me too;)

Jedi-Loreen
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Mcich is her brother, that's why she mentioned him.

Lord Dottore Matto
12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
***in his most official voice***

Uhem...Welcome Blue fox, I hope this community is as good to you as it has been to me!

and I want to give a special shout out to...mmafighter (so he doesn't cry) ;)

Lord Preston
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Welcome B-Fox.

samurai_rob
12-17-2008, 03:40 PM
:DHello, fox! Welcome!

ketsuraku_anei
12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Greetings Blue Fox!~

welcome to the forums (yes i know i am late in posting)
have fun while your here and i am sure our paths will cross eventually on these great forums (just not likely to happen on the shoutbox because i cant see the shoutbox even when logged in (more than likely my own fault)

i will probably be lurking in the costuming threads!~

see you round blue fox and have fun!~

mmafighter
12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the shout out LDM.... I see I am loved hear by some...