PDA

View Full Version : wands for $$$

dbraxton9
03-26-2006, 07:41 PM
for anyone wondering if there might be a lucrative aspect to saber-making skills, I thought i'd mention this:
the local candle shop has "magic wands" for sale that you can make $$$ off of if you get in on it. they consist of approximately 10" of 3/4" or 1" copper (not brass) pipe with a $3 quartz crystal jammed in each end and secured with contact cement. then there is a leather "grip" wrapped around it that looks like it could be a kid's leather craft project kit. the lady is selling these (they look well made but I can't get over the cost-to-price ratio!) for $150 each with a little pouch sleeve to put them in. just thought i'd pass this along in case anyone wants to get a little extra pocket cash from a very very easy table-top project. they have nothing like these on ebay either.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Do-Clo
03-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Do these things sell for that much????? I guess this is proof that people will buy anything.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Devilstar2k2
03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Speaking of people buying anything...

Do-Clo, I was nosing around in your eBay auctions, and you are really underselling. You could pull alot more cash out of your sabers. Especially, the TCSS converted Vader. Get a good pic of the blade holder, and I bet you get an extra $75-$100 out of it.

The trick is to take nice clear close up pics, at good angles... Trust me, I sell paintball guns on another forum, and I get more cash out of them when the pics are better. A gun that is only worth $500 might sell for as much as $625 if the pic looks like you can just reach out and grab it. [;)]

EDIT-

Daylight/outside with no flash usually looks the best. When I photograph something for sale, I usually take 20-30 pics of it, and only use maybe 3-4 out of them. Try it once, and see what happens.

Unless your TCSS Vader goes over $200 + shipping, you'll end up losing cash won't you? I'd hate to see that happen, especially since the TCSS converted sabers are the best out there (IMO).

EDIT2-

Sorry, I went off topic there... [:I]

Neymore
03-26-2006, 08:58 PM
just for everybodys info those wands do sell on ebay, they are called atlantiean power rods i know i spelled atalntiean wrong, sorry my brain is off tonight. they are not worth the money, but like you said it shows that people will buy anything.[:D]

this is neymore, formorley marty123

LAN-ED-TUL
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
yep, ive seen them in the local shops.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

dbraxton9
03-26-2006, 09:02 PM
the ones this lady had were way cooler than those but yes they are very similar. hers looked a lot like a lightsaber, which is why i mentioned it here. the decorations are what set it apart, but we all understand that bit here, don't we?

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Do-Clo
03-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Devilstar2k2 thanks for the tips I am working on a better camera and the big problem is that I have little daylight time to take pictures but that will be changing soon with the time change.

Do-Clo

Neymore
03-26-2006, 10:29 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

the ones this lady had were way cooler than those but yes they are very similar. hers looked a lot like a lightsaber, which is why i mentioned it here. the decorations are what set it apart, but we all understand that bit here, don't we?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

can you sneak a pic or two of one of them and send it to me , i would like to see it, mostly cuase you said it looks like a lightsaber

this is neymore, formorley marty123

Do-Clo
03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
I have been doing some searching on ebay those wands don't tend to bring very much. That candle shop must have a local nich that they have tapped. One could probably sell some on ebay but you would have to lie big time to get people to buy them for big bucks.

Do-Clo

Devilstar2k2
03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
I was thinking about designing some kids nightlights out of different toys and such. Anything thats made out of, or has, white plastic parts would light up nicely.

Do-Clo
03-27-2006, 12:25 AM
You could use an led to light up the toy and it would last a very long time without burning out and the led would not give off enough heat to worry about. Interesting idea???????

Do-Clo

Devilstar2k2
03-27-2006, 03:02 AM
That was the plan. I just have to figure out what toy. Thats IF I do it at all.

Before I jump into it, I need to see if theres any kind of a market for it. I was gonna try to do some LED sabers when I saw that Ultra's used to go for $300+ on eBay, but it looks like prices/demand is dropping, so that idea is probably out.

I was also kicking around the idea of lighting up masks/helmets with the LED's. I just have to get off of my *** and do it. Also, possibly adding voice changers to them as well.

It'd be something like this, these are my paintball goggles with a piece of paper covering the vents, and my saber projecting the light onto it from the inside:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/xdm41/glowmask002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/xdm41/i3sale.jpg

Do-Clo
03-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Your paint ball goggles could make a nice mask for a bounty hunter or possible base for a sith lord, just some thoughts running through my head.(lol) I have been looking at options for ebay but as you said the saber market seems to be falling off the problem is that it is been a while since episode III came out so the intrest is starting to fade. Rumor has it that Lucas may do a TV series which would help the sells of light sabers and other things Star Wars.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
more than rumor. i know a guy who lives here in claremore and he knows lucas personally. he even has his cell phone number. but he is always out of town alot, doing research for books he does the artwork for. i have it on his word, lucas IS doing a tv series on star wars. just dont what time period it set in. i heard, it may be around the forming of the jedi academy times.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...