PDA

View Full Version : Question to anyone else who bought Tim's US2.0 Combo

samurai_rob
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
OK, I'm having to re-design my saber to use this and before I order another piece, I was wondering how anyone else who ordered one has it installed in their hilts. I was going to use it in a 4" double female center section with a standard mom switch from the shop, but I don't have room. The US2.0 combo hangs on the switch base. I've even tried it without the bezel nut and it still won't fit. The largest center section I can use with my design is maybe 5", but I don't know it that'll give me enough room still. I hate to order another piece just to have it not fit. What have you guys installed them in?

samurai_rob
12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Never mind, I went ahead and ordered a 5" to see if it'll work. Heck, it's only money. :)

Goodman
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
It will definitely fit in the 5" and leave room for the butt-end of your momentary switch.

I built a similar stacked setup to what Tim sells (he sold out before I could buy his pre-made so just made it myself). The whole thing *barely* fits inside one of the 3 5/8" double female milled MHS section. For a switch, I used a mini tactile which is mounted directly above the board, as there is a *tiny* bit of space there and the tactile is much, much smaller than the momentarys. The front and back of the setups's plastic sleeve is vented to aid cooling.

I'll try to snap a pic after work.

samurai_rob
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Good to know, Thanks! I wired up my US last night and put it in another saber hilt to see how it worked, so it's ready to go as soon as my 5" er gets here.