PDA

View Full Version : non-slip textured powdercoating?

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Other than the 'orange peel' effect with thin coatings previously mentioned can powder coating produce 'textured' finishes? The ones I see pictured here all seem pretty smooth and I was wondering if there are any 'textured' powdercoatings used to produce a 'non-slip grip'?

Novastar
12-12-2008, 08:27 AM
This is a pretty good idea Onli... although it can be achieved with this "anti-slip" product spray made by Rustoleum. I think it's normally meant for stairs or outside areas or whatever.

Granted... you're right in that having it done at more of a "machined" level is probably a lot easier than hand-spraying it on...

And additionally--this spray that I use WILL wear down after like 6 months to 12 months of usage...

Lord Dottore Matto
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
yes, I used textured black PC on my last saber it is an 8/10 for anti-slip.

Er Dan Gill
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
This is the best stuff I have used for a grip.
http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/dpl/tr250.jpg
Linky (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DPL&MfrPartNumber=TR250&CategoryCode=3279)

Rb-wan Organus
12-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Sweet video EDG, I haven't gotten close to anything like that yet. But I'll will.

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-13-2008, 12:17 AM
yes, I used textured black PC on my last saber it is an 8/10 for anti-slip.

Thanks LDM that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for...glad to know it exists and yes as Novastar said I'd like to get it "done at more of a machined level" [in fact that would be necessary with the design I have in mind] and a black shade is exactly what I'm looking for. :-)

Do you happen to remember the type [manufacturer, product/colour name or number etc.] that you used so I could talk to Strydur about it? If not I'll have to just hope I get lucky and find a good one but 8/10 for 'anti-slip' sounds pretty useful to me!

Maven
07-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Try Rhino Lining, it is for truck bed linings!

Textured and completely industuructable

Lan-Ja Hamil
10-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I used to work at a place that did powder coat painting. There are paint formulas that do result in a textured finish when cured. Just letting everyone know.