PDA

View Full Version : My Ultrasound 2.0 Just came!...

samurai_rob
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I was so excited, I had to tell some one! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Too bad, my new hilt's not ready for it, yet. Prob. gonna be at least a month before It's a go.

Darth Leximus
12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Ouch! What have you been doing this whole time???? It's not like we didn't have a month between when we thought they were coming and when they actually came!!

GET TO WORK SON!!!!

samurai_rob
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Had to wait on the extra scratch, man! I'm also working on scoring some powder coat money. can't have a silver sith saber, now can we? :twisted:

Lord Preston
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Had to wait on the extra scratch, man! I'm also working on scoring some powder coat money. can't have a silver sith saber, now can we? :twisted:

Yes you can. Look at Maul's. His was mostly silver.

samurai_rob
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, and just look what that got him. :twisted:

Mandalorian
12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah, and just look what that got him. :twisted:

Lol. Well, work hard to get what you need and get it done, we want to see a finished saber. The soundboard is useless without a good home.

samurai_rob
12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Too True. What I'm gonna be working on next is a way to protect it inside the saber. I need to find a way to insulate it from the metal. The one I got is one of the battery/speaker combos that Tim fixed up. I need an idea on something to fit over it that will be removable without damaging the board so I can replace the batteries but is snug enough to fit inside a MHS 4" center section. Anybody have any ideas? Tried using a piece of 1" thin walled blade tubing, but that was too small. Was thinking about a film canister or maybe PVC. Possibly some type of clear flex tubing (I saw something that might work on a spool at Lowes).

TD-2272
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats Rob I had to get a second due to I fubard the first one oops

Phiily Manyaan
12-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Too True. What I'm gonna be working on next is a way to protect it inside the saber. I need to find a way to insulate it from the metal. The one I got is one of the battery/speaker combos that Tim fixed up. I need an idea on something to fit over it that will be removable without damaging the board so I can replace the batteries but is snug enough to fit inside a MHS 4" center section. Anybody have any ideas? Tried using a piece of 1" thin walled blade tubing, but that was too small. Was thinking about a film canister or maybe PVC. Possibly some type of clear flex tubing (I saw something that might work on a spool at Lowes).

Line the inside of the hilt with electrical tape. Good insulation, no wasted space.

Roy's Blues
12-06-2008, 06:58 AM
That will be a gooey mess.

Get an mylar anti-static bag and cut it to the size you need. Wrap it around the electronics.

Darth Leximus
12-06-2008, 08:37 AM
That will be a gooey mess.

Get an mylar anti-static bag and cut it to the size you need. Wrap it around the electronics.

Just a little a bit of genius right there

samurai_rob
12-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Sweet! Where can I get one? I've never heard of them.

Goodman
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
When I bought extra SDRAM for my computer, they came in what I *believe* are those mylar anti-static bags. They're silver on one side and a really dark clear on the other side. The US2.0 slides into it perfectly like a sleeve.

'Not sure where they would be available normally, though. *Googles*

Jedi-Loreen
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Those are what electronic components or boards come in.

Those of us that do electronic stuff a lot know what they are. I've taken a few home from work now and then, for various things.