PDA

View Full Version : problem with corbin driver

LordJaivus
12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, just got my led circuit wired up and despite all the troubleshooting I've done I can't figure out why the circuit won't complete. I've tested all the leads on the board and it would seem that somewhere between the positive from battery and the positive to led there is a bad connection. I've even double checked with a spare battery and a volt meter. Every other way seems to work just fine but I just can't get the board to work at all. Any help?

Lord Dottore Matto
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, just got my led circuit wired up and despite all the troubleshooting I've done I can't figure out why the circuit won't complete. I've tested all the leads on the board and it would seem that somewhere between the positive from battery and the positive to led there is a bad connection. I've even double checked with a spare battery and a volt meter. Every other way seems to work just fine but I just can't get the board to work at all. Any help?

Post a video my man

Novastar
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
And check for loose COMPONENTS on the board (not your wiring... the components themselves).

It is possible that either some component wasn't soldered correctly at the factory level... or a part is defective.

It happens. :cool:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
12-04-2008, 07:17 PM
If you have a camera that takes good macro shots, post a nice clear photo. Once we see it, we may be able to tell where the problem is.

LordJaivus
12-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys but i found the problem. Turns out that I shouldn't work on electronics with a lack of sleep. I actually managed to wire the switch in-line with the batteries instead of directly to the board. ha ha. thanks for the help anyway.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
12-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Glad you figured it out. Now you need to post pictures of your completed saber. ;)

Count Malik
12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Glad you figured it out. Now you need to post pictures of your completed saber. ;)

I double that!:p

LordJaivus
12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
well, hopefully i'll have my saber completed by saturday, I had to go to lowe's and buy a drill press to enlarge the brass blade holder for the viper defender. Then I had to run about 160 miles all over the place trying to find a one inch drill bit. I got one though! Once I get that sleeve opened up its just a matter of putting everything in the hilt. I should have pics up by monday.:D

B5813
12-13-2008, 07:03 PM
That's just like a Lowes or Home Depot... they have about 50 styles of screen doors to choose from but try to find a fairly standard drill or tap bit... for so many things they carry they don't have crap. Forgive my ranting.