PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Luke MR board with 4-wire switch

wadeh13
12-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I have a Luke MR sound board and it has a 4-wire switch (blue, green, purple, & gray). Does anyone know how to make a SPST latching pushbutton switch work with this board? I can make it work using a DPDT relay but it takes up way too much room. I really need to make it work with the Guarded SPST latching switch that Tim sells. I have attached a couple of pictures of the board.

xwingband
12-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I wish I still had one around to test it... BUT:

It's pretty simple to figure out. Give it power. Then with something conductive just bridge the gaps betweent eh switch pins. Test combos to what it needs to power up.

I'd hazard a guess that you could make two bundles and the SPST should work. I've shorted that switch for sure before so nothing horrendous will happen.

wadeh13
12-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I can get it to turn on with the power up sound and turn off but when it turns off it has no sound. Like I said, I can get it to work with a DPDT relay, but I really need to make it work with the red guarded push button switch.

wadeh13
12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I wish I still had one around to test it... BUT:

It's pretty simple to figure out. Give it power. Then with something conductive just bridge the gaps betweent eh switch pins. Test combos to what it needs to power up.

I'd hazard a guess that you could make two bundles and the SPST should work. I've shorted that switch for sure before so nothing horrendous will happen.

I can get it dow to 3 wires:

Green is the common
Purple to Green turns on
Blue to Green turns off

You can't have purple and blue on green at the same time.

eastern57
12-02-2008, 02:39 AM
It's the same that went in the the early mace - you need a DPDT.

This should help:

Master Dru-Er
12-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Ouch I found this out the hard way. "Ehh lets throw in a mace board." After I was buying a few luke rotj boards. Still havent used it, because of the DPDT layout. I just don't ever remember to pick one up.