PDA

View Full Version : Battery question

FallenJedi
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Ok this is probably going to seem like a pathetic question but what i want to know is if its ok to use the 4AAA battery pack wired up in my setup that includes a MR sound board?

As far as im aware the MR board cant handle more then 5V or it will fry or slowly degrade, but the combined voltage of the 4 AAA's is 6V so will that destroy the board or not?

Lord Dottore Matto was MASSIVELY helpfull in showing me how everything is wired but i dont want to bother him further so if anyone could answer this question that would be great ;)

Malaki Skywalker
11-30-2008, 12:59 AM
MR soundboards can take a Max of 6V... so you will be fine.

FallenJedi
11-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Ok thanks i just wasnt sure because of this:

"A note when coupling with a MR sound board: 4.5 - 5 volts works fine with both if you forego the blade flicker. Otherwise use a voltage regulator to step down the voltage going to the MR board as they are at their limit at 5 volts. Any more than 5 volts puts the Master Replicas sound board at risk of an early demise. When coupled with the MR Sound board it is best to use the latching version. -DA"

i dont want to pay alot of money for all my parts and electronics, ship them overseas, then break one of my most important components just because of a voltage problem...

Novastar
11-30-2008, 02:06 AM
* There is no "blade flicker" with any MR board of any design
* Malaki is correct: MOST MR boards can take a max of 6v (although you might find some that will fail--eventually--from 6v)
* It is not "best" to use a latching switch with an MR... you MUST--there is no momentary-controlled MR.

I'm going to take a wild guess that this post you refer to had something to do with combining a Corbin board with an MR. Possibly. I don't know.

FallenJedi
11-30-2008, 02:19 AM
It was from a Luxeon III v2 Driver review so yeah it was talking about using a MR board with it.

i do not want ANY chance of ANYTHING frying because it would be fairly hard for me to replace. So let me this straight, i CAN use 6V but there is a CHANCE of it frying? damn, i really dont even want a chance, is there any way around it apart from a voltage regulator?