PDA

View Full Version : New SWTOR screen shots!

Drichar Deis
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Linky ;)

http://www.swtor.com/news/article/media-update-20081128

NewberL337
11-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow that looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. I had read elsewhere, I believe it was the force.net that mentioned some SW fans were a bit upset because of rumors it was going to look more "cartoony" in catering to a younger crows but that looks crisp, clean and bright to me, not cartoony.

Eco
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
The concern we had with the size of the sabers seems to be addressed a little bit in these screenshots.
Still a tad big, but they don't look ridiculously large anymore.
-nodnod-

Donnovan Sunrider
11-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Okay, I think I see a little extra coolness in this pic (http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/fight-amongst-ruins). Look at the girl's outfit. Then look at this shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/6180445/in/set-152728/) by Ralph McQuarrie. Does that look similar to you, or am I imagining things?

forcer99
11-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I love this game and I hope it will pwnz!!

Master Dru-Er
11-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I've been following this game loosely. Very glad they addressed the lightsaber clubs :-D. I read some people arguing about the gun sizes. I don't have a problem with any of the irregularities. I'm figuring what this is like 3000 years BBY. I would imagine HUGE leaps in tech from then till Yavin. Clunky blasters are a ok in my book as well as more unimpressive to "trilogy standards" tech. Looking forward to the release.

Tom Starkiller
11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
FINALLY!! A game with decent lightsaber effects.

I'm still sticking to ST:Online. :P

Phiily Manyaan
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
For some reason, that Jedi Enclave doesn't look "Star Warsy" to me. Looks like Oblivion or some other mythical magic game.

samurai_rob
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't know about MMO's. I've never been one to play well with others, but I have to say it looks cool. Is it PC only or have they said anything about console ports yet like 360 or PS3?

LeMoel
11-30-2008, 08:23 PM
yeah thats my question is there a story line? or is it only the star wars galaxies pay monthly style?

astromech_kuhns
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
the game looks great i dont whant spoilers yet i have a acount on the site and am tempted to go check it all out!!

Count Malik
11-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can not wait for the release date! BTW is this a MMO. game? Or...

NewberL337
11-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes it's an MMO. And unlike SW: Galaxies this WILL have a central story and all kinds of side quests. Old Republic is going to follow very much in the same format as any MMO would in the sense of an epic quest or main story arch with several smaller archs and a bunch of side quests. What we will have yet to see is if Old Republic will bring anything new to the MMO genre or just use existing game play element and tactics.

Either way, I enjoy MMO's for a reason and the format they use, especially Lord of The Rings Online and some neat features in WAR make those game fun. I no doubt believe that the Old Republic won't be fun. I just want to see how well it can immerse me and really let me sink my teeth into the SW galaxy thousands of years before the rise of Vader.

We'll see... but I'm hoping for a good game.

Nightwing
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Suuposedly Bioware wants this to be the first great story-driven MMO, to the point where they actually don't think that anyone will mind not having a KOTOR 3.

I remain skeptical.