PDA

View Full Version : nintendo ds?

DARTHMONKEY1706
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I am a ebay freak but ii was lookin and i found this, http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Handheld-game-system-w-4-games_W0QQitemZ8269612235QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem what is it? what is a ds?

Neymore
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
it is the nintindo dule screen, it is a portable gaming system

this is neymore, formorley marty123

suit_man
03-25-2006, 12:55 PM
i would call it a waste of money, not a portable gaming system. the only good game is metroid prime. not many games have come out for it and most of them aren't good.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

WeirdoTransvestite
03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Portable? It's as big as the Game Gear. Maybe larger. At least the PSP is thin. Nintendo also hasn't improved their graphics in 10 years. They can, but that takes effort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/starwars.gif

tetmatek
03-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Three of my kids have them and love them. I would like a PSP myself. But at $130 it's not a bad deal. All Nintendo GameBoy games work on it as well. Since i had to buy three i think they are great too. i Spent $360 instead of $900. Game price so far has been from $15 to $39.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

Nightwing
03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
The DS is awesome. I can say that because I own one. The graphics aren't nearly as good as the PSP, but it's far more innovative. It's actually out-selling the PSP 6-to-1.

The DS's main asset is that it has two fully backlit screens, one of which is a touch-screen. This means that you can keep things like score displays or maps off the main screen, while keeping the action on the other. The touch-screen is amazing. In one game called "Pac-Pix", you literally draw a picture of Pac-Man that comes alive and eats ghosts.

The DS also has a better control scheme for first-person shooters than even the consoles, due to the touch-screen. You can put a strap with a flattened piece of plastic over your thumb, and slide your thumb over the touch-screen, allowing for something similar to a cross between a console controller and a mouse-and-keyboard setup.

The games are different and new. While they have revived an old game here or there, such as Super Mario 64, almost all DS games are brand-new. Games like WarioWare: Touched and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass are designed to mesh perfectly with the DS's control scheme.

Not to mention the fact that games like Mario Kart DS have free online play anywhere in the world, so you'll never have to pay any kind of subcription fee in order to play with people in Japan [:D]. All you need is to find anyplace with a wireless internet connection, and off you go. You can also buy a wireless USB reciever that plugs into your computer, allowing you to connect online without having to find a wireless router.

It's also very cheap compared to the PSP. While the PSP system costs $250 with games going at about $30-$50 and movies going for $15-$20, the DS sells for $130, with games at $30-$40. Also, since the DS uses game cards with built-in save features, you'll never have to waste money on memory cards like the PSP requires.

I play my DS all the time, even when I have the option of playing a regular console or my PC. The games are different than what you'd get anywhere else, which creates a new game experience. And since it plays Game Boy Advance games as well, I can play all those without having to pull out a separate system.

Most of my friends were PSP fanatics when I got my DS. After they started to play the DS, they quickly either bought one or manipulated their siblings into buying one. [:D]

suit_man
03-25-2006, 04:14 PM
i have a ds and a psp and if not for metroid prime, i would sell my ds to buy psp games. the psp is not 250 anymore, it is 200 now. here's my comparison...the ds has a touch screen; the psp has a big beautiful screen, more and better games, you can watch movies from a umd or memory stick, listen to music, read comic books, look at pictures, browse the internet and that is just if you don't use homebrew software. the only thing that the ds has on it's side, in my opinion, is price, but you know what they say, you get what you pay for [:)]

tetmatek
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
I Like the built in wireless so everybody can link up.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

suit_man
03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
the psp has that as well

Nightwing
03-25-2006, 05:39 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by suit_man

i have a ds and a psp and if not for metroid prime, i would sell my ds to buy psp games.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Tell me, have you played any of the other games on the DS like Super Mario 64, WarioWare, Advance Wars, or anything like that?

Or is it just that you like shooter games?

suit_man
03-25-2006, 06:08 PM
yep, i sure have played games like that. i don't like 99% of the software for the ds. most of it is boring for me, especially because there are alot of side-scrolling games. of the games i have played, the only game that doesn't bore me to death is metroid.

Nightwing
03-26-2006, 12:06 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by suit_man

yep, i sure have played games like that. i don't like 99% of the software for the ds. most of it is boring for me, especially because there are alot of side-scrolling games. of the games i have played, the only game that doesn't bore me to death is metroid.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Huh. Weird. I like games that actually challenge me mentally. The touch-screen works alot like the mouse-and-keyboard setup, so naturally I like it more.

Not that I don't enjoy a great shooter, as well. [:D]
Unreal Tournament 2004 has to be one of my favorite games ever.

suit_man
03-26-2006, 12:20 PM
i like mentally challenging games too, but they are a back up for me. i get bored with games easily, so i will play a shooter or something like that for a while, then i play lumines, which i never get bored with, then i go back to a shooter. the psp is the system for me [8D], but i will probly buy the ds lite when it comes out in america, just because i promised myself i would buy all portable systems the come from a reputable game company [:p]

gsterley
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
ive owned both systems i can say i preffer the psp, i traded in my ds for my psp......kind of a smack in the face to nintendo. not intentional, they have some innovative games. psp just seems more grown up to me. i love such games as liberty city stories, and ds just dosent have the game line up to suit me.

Nightwing
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gsterley

i love such games as liberty city stories, and ds just dosent have the game line up to suit me.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ah, I see.
I don't play GTA games or anything like that. Zelda's more my style.

Pirate King
03-26-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't think you can really compare DS and PSP. They are geared to totally different market groups. DS is essentially just the next gameboy, whereas the PSP is not only a gaming system, but an mp3 player and a sort of portable DVD player.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Nightwing
03-26-2006, 09:12 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Pirate King

I don't think you can really compare DS and PSP. They are geared to totally different market groups. DS is essentially just the next gameboy, whereas the PSP is not only a gaming system, but an mp3 player and a sort of portable DVD player.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Naw, the PSP is a GameBoy on steroids with multimedia capability. The DS is... the DS...

Neymore
03-26-2006, 09:22 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gsterley

i love such games as liberty city stories, and ds just dosent have the game line up to suit me.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ah, I see.
I don't play GTA games or anything like that. Zelda's more my style.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> finaly another zelda fan, i thought i was the only one. lol. what zelda game did you like the most?

Nightwing
03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Neymore
finaly another zelda fan, i thought i was the only one. lol. what zelda game did you like the most?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ha. You're not the only one. Zelda is something like the third or fourth most popular game franchise in the world, the others being Mario, Pokemon, and possibly Halo (though I doubt it since they probably haven't been around long enough to sell that many copies).

Favorite game... Hmm... hard to say.
I've got A Link to the Past and the original Legend of Zelda for the GBA, The Wind Waker, and Collector's Edition, which has The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Link's Advneture, LoZ: The Ocarina of Time, and LoZ: Majora's Mask. Basically, it has all the NES and N64 games on one gamecube disk. The N64 games even have slightly improved graphics! [:D]

I've barely gotten into Z2, as it frustrates and bores me to death.
I've been meaning to start MM, but I haven't had the time.
I just now figured out how to play Z1, and I'm loving it.
ALttP was amazing, as is Ocarina of Time.
Wind Waker was surprisingly good, both in story, graphics, and gameplay. I think being a little kid actually made the story more compelling, since you have bigger obstacles to face. Also, it used a super-refined version of the Ocarina of Time's control style, so it was super-easy and fun to control.

I think my overall favorite was Ocarina of Time, just because of its story, music, atmosphere, everything.
Although, the new game coming out this fall (Twilight Princess) is the official "sequel" to OoT, and Shigeru Miyamoto (the guy who literally reinvented gaming itself) says it's going to be better. And from what the screens and trailers show, it very well could be.

I'm Nightwing726 on the zeldauniverse.net forums, in case you wanted to know. [:)]

Neymore
03-26-2006, 10:27 PM
holy mother of midichlorians! i only have windwaker and ocarina of time 1 and master quest, i wish i had the money to get all of those.[:p], i love ocarina of time the best, and windwaker was also very good. zelda and star wars are my to favorite things in the world. lol

Nightwing
03-27-2006, 09:02 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Neymore

holy mother of midichlorians! i only have windwaker and ocarina of time 1 and master quest, i wish i had the money to get all of those.[:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, if you buy the Collector's Edition for GameCube, you get four of those games.
ALttP was a gift.
I bought my GBA LoZ for $9 at Gamestop.

987654321a
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
DS SUCKS NEVER GET ONE, I RECOMEND A PSP.

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

Nightwing
03-27-2006, 08:23 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

DS SUCKS NEVER GET ONE, I RECOMEND A PSP.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">This makes no sense. I could just as easily say:

PSP SUCKS NEVER GET ONE, I RECOMEND A DS.

Honestly, why are there so many Nintendo-bashers? Have we really gotten to the point where gameplay and innovation are second to graphics and mature content?

suit_man
03-27-2006, 09:00 PM
hmmm, it isn't innovative to have all the features that the psp has? i don't like the gameplay of the ds, for the most part, it is like playing a 2x4 piece of wood. the touch screen is innovative, but being able to watch movies and browse the web and use emulators is pretty innovative as well, but i do agree with the fact that it is kinda lame to just say that something sucks, by the other brand, without backing it up.

Nightwing
03-27-2006, 09:55 PM

hmmm, it isn't innovative to have all the features that the psp has? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, when I say innovation, I mean newer and more creative ways to play. (like the touch-screen)
While being able to do multiple things is great, it's not finding a newer way to play. That's why I play my DS often when I have the option of playing a home console or PC: it's different.

If I was away from home constantly and couldn't play my home consoles at all, then I might invest in a PSP. As it stands now, I like my DS and GBA games.

Oh, and the DS has a web browser utility available in Japan. It's supposed to come over to the U.S. as well.

suit_man
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
i know, but it isn't here yet and the psp has had one basically from the get-go. i don't play console or pc games. i play my psp and my gameboy micro and ds sometimes. the ds just isn't very appealing when i have the choice of it or psp.

Nightwing
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM

i don't play console or pc games.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ah, well that makes sense. Sony's really all about third-party games, so alot of the games on the PSP and PS2 are the same games you can get on other consoles or the PC. I've got a GameCube and a pretty good PC, so I can easily play a lot of the games that are on the PSP, like Need For Speed: Undergound 2 or Spider-Man 2 (which was severely cut down on the PSP).

cyberjedi
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I don't have a psp, I have a ds. If I could I would have bought a psp but money is a factor and sony well set the price high for the psp and nintendo was way cheaper. I do like the ds touch screen the wifi and ability to play others wirelessly, games are a little childish but I do like Metriod Prime, Mario Kart and other clasics like Super Mario and Tetris. But I guess more games will come out for ds and will be cool. I say if you can aford it buy both if not buy what you can aford and enjoy it.[;)]

987654321a
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

DS SUCKS NEVER GET ONE, I RECOMEND A PSP.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">This makes no sense. I could just as easily say:

PSP SUCKS NEVER GET ONE, I RECOMEND A DS.

Honestly, why are there so many Nintendo-bashers? Have we really gotten to the point where gameplay and innovation are second to graphics and mature content?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

well i like the DS in some ways, i even bought my own, but when i compared the two, i found out that the psp was way way way better

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

Neymore
03-31-2006, 11:45 PM

holy mother of midichlorians! i only have windwaker and ocarina of time 1 and master quest, i wish i had the money to get all of those.[:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, if you buy the Collector's Edition for GameCube, you get four of those games.
ALttP was a gift.
I bought my GBA LoZ for $9 at Gamestop.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> hey Nightwing i just went out and bought the legend of zelda collectors edition, it is prety cool. i dont like the 20 sneak peak of the windwaker though.

Nightwing
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Neymorehey Nightwing i just went out and bought the legend of zelda collectors edition, it is prety cool. i dont like the 20 sneak peak of the windwaker though.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Lol. Yeah, that's annoying. The Collector's Edition was originally a preview of tWW, so it has a demo.