PDA

View Full Version : MR + Plecter Driver setup question

Mandalorian
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Okay, I've modified the picture from Erv's website and want to know if this will work.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/Mandalorian4/MyLEDsaberwiringsetup2.jpg

I added the switch on the upperleft for configuring without having to remove the board from the hilt, and the LED along with a quick connector near the battery pack. I'm not totally confident I understand the recharge port, so that might not be included in this saber, but I just want to know if this will work. Also, would there be a way to wire the small LED to the MR switch so that it turns on with everything else instead of always being on when the battery pack is connected, and is the switch I added the correct type for the config?

Thanks for the help and all the great info on this site.

EDIT: okay, I just found Nova's CF wiring guide on youtube and watched part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uRWrjMpxD8&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_802548

At the beginning, he shows the quick connector going to the Lux, but at about the middle of the wire, he splits it off to power a motor. Could I do this for the little accent LED to have it flicker just like the Lux? He says to put on a resistor and with my level of understanding, that would prevent it from flickering. Am I right or wrong.

Mandalorian
11-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Hello, anyone?

xwingband
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM
You posted only a few hours ago... wait a bit.

Take the recharge port out and it's fine. The recharge port would actually work if you take out the green wire (it's going to the wrong place). The third prong is only useful if you want to/need to cut the power. In this case you'd be fine without it.

Mandalorian
11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Sorry for seaming impatient, it's been a long day and it seemed longer than it really was.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
now this is a GOOD n00b question! Good work man!

Novastar
11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
...okay, I just found Nova's CF wiring guide on youtube and watched part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uRWrjMpxD8&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_802548

At the beginning, he shows the quick connector going to the Lux, but at about the middle of the wire, he splits it off to power a motor. Could I do this for the little accent LED to have it flicker just like the Lux? He says to put on a resistor and with my level of understanding, that would prevent it from flickering. Am I right or wrong.Yes, you could split off (just like I showed for the motor) with an LED as well.

No, adding a resistor would not prevent it from flickering--the resistor would only limit the amount of voltage/current... so that the little LED doesn't get killed.

This may or may not be necessary (although more likely than not)... and it depends on your final battery setup + the amount of current/voltage that is going to your main LED.

xwingband
11-25-2008, 05:12 AM
Hmm... it occured to me if you wanted a switch light that one of the other pads might help you. I've never asked Erv, but one might also be a 3.3V pad like on the CF that could help you with the accent LED.

If not the MR LED outputs are unused also. Those could power the accent off the main LED or the power-on one you mention.