PDA

View Full Version : storm trooper outfit

DaJoQuim
11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi guys!!
I found this on the starwars attic web-page.I don't know if this is good or not;but,I posted this just in case some of you were in the market for one!!
http://www.starwarsattic.com/proddetail.php?prod=909866

987654321a
11-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Let me be the first to tell you that Anything Rubies is pretty much falsly advertised, because you will need to highly modify it to get it to look pretty screen accurate. It might look great in the picture but not in real life.

edit- oh and its crap. Unless the armor isnt that crappy vinyl and it is nice and rigid plastic

LAN-ED-TUL
11-22-2008, 06:07 PM
if its the rubbies, then DONT buy it. go to whitearmor.net and find wade over there, i got my full FX kit for half what they want for rubbies.

DaJoQuim
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
opps sorry guys!!I did not know this.Thanks for the heads up!!

LAN-ED-TUL
11-22-2008, 10:07 PM
no problemo, just wanted to let you in on the facts. you can get a couple different types armor over on whitearmor, they got FX AP, and RT Mod.

Wolverine
11-26-2008, 11:03 AM
...And Movie accurate to boot,

the Rubies Stormtrooper costume is a total joke, that's a great promo shot, but it doesn't depict what the costume actually looks like.

Check this out -For anybody REMOTELY thinking about this!

http://tk899.blogspot.com/2008/09/oh-humanity.html

LAN-ED-TUL
11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
man that was pretty funny. it looks like crap 4 sure

Jedi-Loreen
11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I feel sorry for the uninformed guys who think they can join the 501st with this costume.

"But it's LFL licensed! It should be acceptable!"

Darth Leximus
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
hasbro sabers are licensed as well, Why don't we see more RL members with them??

Jedi-Loreen
11-26-2008, 03:16 PM
MRs are acceptable, so the Hasbro ones that are taking over for them will be, too, but most people, who want to keep them original, don't want to have hold them in their hand all the time.

I see plenty that are also converted, so they can be belt hangers, too.

The plastic toy Hasbros will never be acceptable. They have to have a metal looking finish.

Wolverine
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
The Hasbro FX sabers are out already, in fact, they're already available on Ebay.

Let's not get "Licensed", and "acceptable" jumbled around when talking about the 501st, and The Rebel Legion...

"Movie Accurate" = "acceptable"

"Licensed" = "Licensed", that's all.

Although the Rubies stuff is licensed, They're just costume wear, it is not Movie accurate, so -Unacceptable

The MR stuff is Prop wear, pretty close to Movie Accurate, especially the Helmets.
The sabers aren't really made to be worn, but display pieces.

Jedi-Loreen
11-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I know the difference, being an RL member, and having a lot of friends in the 501st. I'm also a guest on my local Garrison's message board, so I read a lot of their threads about armor and related things.

But most of the general public does not. They may have a passing aquaintance with the Legions, seeing people at conventions or charity events, thinking it might be fun to join, not bothering to find out what the costuming standards might be.

They probably think then can just buy a Rubie's Anakin costume, or Storm Trooper and automatically be accepted into the RL or 501st.

I don't know who, in their right mind, would spend so much money on a Halloween Costume.

We do get some people who are at least intelligent enough to ask if something is acceptable, before they buy it. :p

Wolverine
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Ain't that the truth.

I wasn't implying anything on YOUR knowledge of all this Loreen,
However, people who don't know, ask, then find out by reading what others have to say.
That's why DaJoQuim asked.
I'd rather have 20 people a day ask me about the stuff, then see one person go buy that crap, and have their hopes of joining either Legion crushed.

So, for anybody looking for 501st quality armor, go visit whitearmor.net, loads of cool stuff there!