PDA

View Full Version : How do you change out the LED lights in a Anakin ROTS?

rogue_leader007
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi, I'm completely new to this, and this question has probably already been asked, but how do you change out the LED lights in a force fx saber?
I've got a Anakin ROTS saber and I want to change the lights to green ones, no removable blade or anything, just wanna change the color.

Thanks for any diagrams or info.

Jonitus
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi, I'm completely new to this, and this question has probably already been asked, but how do you change out the LED lights in a force fx saber?
I've got a Anakin ROTS saber and I want to change the lights to green ones, no removable blade or anything, just wanna change the color.

Yes, this question has been asked. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but these forums are nicely laid out and we do have a search function. There is a tutorial thread about taking apart the ROTS Anakin. If you find that, read it and follow the instructions, you will find what you seek.

Hasid Lafre
11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Search the forums the answere is there you know it to be true.

Jedi-Loreen
11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
If you think the question has probably been asked, have you tried searching for the answer yourself? :rolleyes:

Kurosawa
11-17-2008, 03:34 AM

disassemble the saber, there you will find the wiring harness connected to the led strip. unplug it, and replace it with a green LED strip from another MR saber.

Ghostbat
11-17-2008, 01:23 PM

You will need to essentially dismantle the entire saber to do this which isn't quite as hard as it sounds but isn't quite trivial either. Look for the teardown of the Annakin under the tutorials section, there are teardowns of all the MR sabers there under conversions.

Due to the way they made the Annakin you will need to figure out a replacement for the "gold" button as they used an absurd amount of glue and it's unlikely you will be able to get it off without destroying it unless you have a pretty early one.

I did a full teardown and conversion to Luxeon in a few hours so it's very doable.

One thing the teardown doesn't show well is the two pins holding the LED base inside the blade. You will need to knock those out with a hammer and punch and getting them back in later will be a bit of a challenge.