PDA

View Full Version : chasis?

LordBane21
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I have searched and did not find. I am trying to get ideas on electronics chasis and can't find pics if u guys coil please post pics so I can't get some ideas.

One other thing I put a search in for buckpuck schematics and can't find a pic of how they are set up on simple no sound LED only saber.

eastern57
11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
There's numerous pictures and threads on both of those.

You should get into the habit of "looking"... instead of "searching"... you'll get to know the forums better, you'll see what information is out there, and then you can refer people to the requested threads easier - win/win!

Then you can start cursing the noobs for not looking ;)

LordBane21
11-09-2008, 11:31 PM
ok will do eastern. Thnx.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Agree with Eastern, I do...visually search you must! Sucks the search function does...:-P

Tradeliphine
12-04-2008, 05:56 AM
ehh Ill post this here as it fits... I work at Lowes, and pretty much every day as I walk around I look at everything I pass with the mindset of "how could I incorporate that in a saber design/function???" Well yest I hit an interesting find, I was counting some paint rollers and I flashed on the roller holder... type... like ... thingy... On the mid-high priced paint rollers the part that you slide the disposable roller tube ONTO would make a great chassis. Theyre plastic with vertical strips and horizontal spacers/platforms, the middle is cut out for wires/batteries, and you could trim more plastic as you wanted. I went over to tools and grabbed a caliper and went back, it measures 1.4 inches and fits like a glove in a 1.5 sink tube. It could probably be sanded enough to fit in an MHS. Theyre about $7 for the roller which seems like a lot at first, but considering these are usually 200-600$ sabers... not too bad, plus you could always watch rummage sales and flea markets for them cheaper. It would be worth any price to save time or for those not skilled in dremelfu. Heres a pic of one so you can get an idea, but look next time youre in the store.

http://images.lowes.com/product/071497/071497690791.jpg

FenderBender
12-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Thats cool, though it would take more "sanding" than its worth to fit into an MHS, but for a sinktube that would be awesome. For a simple sled 1.25" tailpiece PVC works great. I can usually get at least 4 sleds out of one of the little short pieces.

Eco
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry to necro.

Fender, are you talking about a sled to fit inside an MHS hilt?

FenderBender
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Yup, I dont really use them anymore. The MR/Hasbro FX boards come in a cradle that fits as is. Any other board, and I would make a more....."civilized" chassis using my awesome skillz and ability to "borrow" genius from others here;)