PDA

View Full Version : Look what I came across!!

chaos
11-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Well last weekend I meet up with my old university friends down south (in Huddersfield. For those who know where that is, its in yorkshire, England. Where as I live up in Fife, Scotland).

Since it was going to take me ages to drive down, it usaully take about 4 to 4 1/2 hours to get down but it took 7 this time, one of them said I could stay at hers in Bradford, which isn't to far away from Huddersfield. Well when I got to hers the first thing I needed after a long car journey was to use the toilet, as you do. I did my buisness and went to wash my hands and heres what I found:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1650/dsc00008gu8.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6609/dsc00009ex8.jpg

Armitage shanks handwheels!!!

I've never actually seen them being used properly before, so it was a bit of a shock. She had four of them, two on the sink and two on the bath. I told here about them but since she's not a Star Wars fan she didn't get why I was so excited.

If it wasn't for her being a really good friend and that it was only us in the flat I might have taken one.

So I thought I'd share this with everyone.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-09-2008, 08:19 AM
That would be a funny police report:

"They didn't touch the stereo, DVD, or computer. All they took was the knobs off my sink!" :D

Darth Mortis
11-09-2008, 08:32 AM
And now the News.....

Local Star Was Enthuseist apprehended after attempted robbery of an old ladies sink knobs. It took three Law Enforcment Agents to remove the sink knobs from the suspects hands. As the robber was being hauled away he is quoted as saying, "Im not the guy your looking for!", as he repeatedly waved his hand in front of the arresting officers.

Thats awesome. I wonder if GL has any saber parts around his house like that. I know i would.

Darth Leximus
11-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I would have offered to buy her some knew knobs in exchange for those. Nice find!

xwingband
11-09-2008, 09:31 AM
If they're metal offer buy them! You can replace them with new plastic ones.

samurai_rob
11-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Really cool! Totally try to buy them. :D

chaos
11-10-2008, 08:30 AM
If they're metal offer buy them! You can replace them with new plastic ones.

The first thing I did was to check if they were the metal ones, unfortunately their just the plastic chromed ones.

The only problem is that its a rented flat, so the landlord might be a bit peeved if she sells them to me. Besides I don't really need them, I already have a nice obi wan saber!!!

Brackley
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Hope you enjoyed West Yorkshire. We're all a bit mad here, but lovable. :D

I have a handwheel from ages ago. I did a spot of acting at college (3 years = a spot) and our last production had a really good set. We ended up going to this demolition site and taking a load of the bricks, a toilet and a sink from the knocked-down building. The sink had two handwheels, and I decided the set would look far more "decayed" if one of the handwheels was missing. :D

Never did anything with it, I don't have the tools to make anything all that good. It's probably still in a cupboard somewhere.

MoonDragn
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
You know you can order those online. I saw a link somewhere...

Barmic Rin
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Down south?
Does that make us simple folk down here "those that live in the wildlands?"

LOL!!!

My advice for finding AS wheels, Bowling Alleys. Had a friend that worked in a superbowl near me, and took them for me when they revamped the place. I know they're around somewhere in one of my bits boxes....

Good find though dude!

Novastar
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
that would be a funny police report:

"they didn't touch the stereo, dvd, or computer. All they took was the knobs off my sink!" :dhahahahhahahah!!! D'ohhhhh.

swear000
11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
how did they attach that to the hilt?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Someone posted a while ago that they had one of the chrome plated ones, and they took the dremmel to the inside of it until the male/male connector fit in it. Then they just screwed it in like any other pommel.

swear000
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
crude..yet effective!

chaos
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Someone posted a while ago that they had one of the chrome plated ones, and they took the dremmel to the inside of it until the male/male connector fit in it. Then they just screwed it in like any other pommel.

That would work. For me, I had Tim make me a connector so I could attach it to the booster on my obi wan saber.