PDA

View Full Version : Nother New Guy

Tamer_Mike
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, Hi there

Nothing much to say, I'm Mike, I live in Minnesota and I've been a fan of Star Wars and jedi for a while.
Never had the money to really put a saber together "still don't" haha.
But I am planning on putting one together piece by piece hopefully.

Been looking over the site for a while and I must ask, is it just me or does this thing get more confusing every time you read a new thread. XD

Well bye for now, but i can promise you'll see me around soon as i get through all the help threads because I've got so many questions.

PS: This forum seems to be one of the nicest community wise I've ever been to.

Reith
11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
WOOOOOO Minnesota!!! Welcome! Whereabouts in MN? Duluuut here. :D

Tamer_Mike
11-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm in the Willmar area, 40 minutes south.... that's a good ways from Duluth I think.

annon
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
welcome to the fun :D
Don't worry, it will become less confusing once you have parts in hand ;)

Reith
11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Ah Willmar, cool! Yea thats a little ways away. haha well have some fun building!

Lord Dottore Matto
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
welcome! read the link in my SIG and you shalt become illuminated!

astromech_kuhns
11-08-2008, 08:52 PM
ello im kolton this place will seem lots less confusing when you get the hang of it. at first i thought this place was very unorginized now i find i was just a little person in a big forum. youl get use to it.

Tamer_Mike
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Haha, I already read that one and its not putting it together that's hard, there's just so many different boards, leds and blades out there.

Sabers are pretty simple, but advanced sabers aren't and if I'm going to put this kinda money into a saber I'm guna do it right. So far I'm pretty sure I want to use a crystal focus board and i have my saber for the most part designed.

But I'm still reading through try to figure a few things out.
Like what a resonance chamber is. :confused:

This forum is pretty organized i think, maybe they've just been working on it since you joined.

Like I said on my first post, I'll make an actual help topic once I read through the whole thing. I don't want to be asking questions that are already answered.

Jay-gon Jinn
11-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome to TCSS, and your new obsession!

A resonance chamber, btw, is a space for your speaker to resonate in, making it louder, and better toned. There's a thread somewhere in "Saber Sound" that covers them very well. If you build a saber using the MHS parts, and an MHS pommel, you'll get a resonance chamber, as it's designed into the pommels already.

Tamer_Mike
11-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh is it? I had assumed that they were designed to have the speaker rest right on them.
Do you you know if a recharge port in the center of the pommel would effect the sound much?
I saw the idea in a few sabers and I think it would work best for mine.

Jay-gon Jinn
11-08-2008, 10:52 PM
I've never done it myself, but I know people here that have, and none of them has mentioned it being a problem.

If you look through some of the threads I have posted, you'll see what I used for resonance chambers. The pommels act as a resonator if you use the MHS speaker mount to mount your speaker in the hilt. The mount puts the speaker right up to the bottom of the pommel and practically seals it to the pommel. I've done it on a few sabers, and it really does work well. It makes it a problem having the recharge port in the pommel, though. There's no room for wires to get around the speaker, unless you get creative.

Tamer_Mike
11-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Hmmm, I may end up having to put it in the clip. I know I have to put one in though, I cant afford to buy new batteries every time i turn it on... that would be a lot of batteries.

samurai_rob
11-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello, MIKE! Welcome!:D

Lord Preston
11-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Welcome to your new addiction, Mike.;)

Tamer_Mike
11-09-2008, 01:44 PM
New? No no, Just an old obsession reborn. in the light of having a decent job :D

sithlordfaust
11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, Hi there

Nothing much to say, I'm Mike, I live in Minnesota and I've been a fan of Star Wars and jedi for a while.
Never had the money to really put a saber together "still don't" haha.
But I am planning on putting one together piece by piece hopefully.

Been looking over the site for a while and I must ask, is it just me or does this thing get more confusing every time you read a new thread. XD

Well bye for now, but i can promise you'll see me around soon as i get through all the help threads because I've got so many questions.

PS: This forum seems to be one of the nicest community wise I've ever been to.

hey welcome to tcss. my two bits for what theire worth, evrytime you wanna buy a part just either put that money away or put it on a paypal account and save it til you have enough for most or all of your saber........ you'll save on shipping. thats what I wish I had done anywho