PDA

View Full Version : Ryan vs Dorkman

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Anyone come across this video?
A couple of kids and their light stick thingys...[:D]
This is why sabers are not allowed at school.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=672422470842718521

It is also posted on http://theforce.net/fanfilms/fxprojects/ryandork/index.asp

Enjoy

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

naashar
03-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Haven't seen it, but I wanted to thank you for posting the thread on self-converting a MRFFX Anakin saber to an LED. I'm a bit hesitant to do it, only because I haven't damaged the original blade! lol

But, the temptation continues to call me, Pookie-Style! I know I'm gonna end up doing it; I just wanna make sure I can do it right!

You don't need to see any identification.

Devilstar2k2
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
I saw this one before... I actually like it alot. The sword play is pretty good.

The only thing that I don't like is the bad editing/stunts for the hand to hand stuff. For example, Dorkmans spinning back kick to trip the other guy looks kinda cheesey.

Don't get me wrong though, overall I really really like the video. I enjoy it everytime I see it.

-Shawn

The Plague
03-22-2006, 02:19 PM
That's pretty sweet. The sword play is as good as ROTS I think.
As for converting naashar, just do it, you wont regret it.

You may start the fight, but I will finish it.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/starwars/star-wars-smiley-026.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-043.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/starwars/star-wars-smiley-023.gif

GrimaOllak
03-22-2006, 02:44 PM
There's actually another video out called Ryan vs. Brandon, I believe, that I think is much better than this one. Same Ryan, but a little older, and better special effects. Although some of the moves look obviously rehearsed, the swordplay is quite impressive.

Can't remember the link to it, but I know I found it on the TFN fanfilm forums. Do a quick search and you should find it.

Pirate King
03-22-2006, 03:04 PM
yeah, this one was pretty awesome. There's another one by a guy named reid nicewonder, it's a huge battle. google video search for "the lightsaber," the pic will be a black screen with nicewonder films or nicewonder presents on it.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Do-Clo
03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Very well done, one of the better fan films.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Mi Gin Gonn
03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Ryan's got another one on his website re-enacting the first Anakin/Obi vs. Dooku fight, along with other cool special fx stuff. It's pretty cool. his site is www.ryan-w.com

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Nightwing
03-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have any idea what lightsaber fighting style Ryan uses in this film? Brandon appears to be using Form V (Shien/Djem So), but I can't seem to place Ryan's style...

naashar
03-22-2006, 06:06 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The Plague

That's pretty sweet. The sword play is as good as ROTS I think.
As for converting naashar, just do it, you wont regret it.

You may start the fight, but I will finish it.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/starwars/star-wars-smiley-026.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-043.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/starwars/star-wars-smiley-023.gif
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's a good thing that, even for a "jedi", I'm fairly impressionable and open to suggestion. Like I like my women.

I kid, I kid! No misogeny here, baby.

But in all seriousness, I think I'll do it. We'll see how I look on payday.

mike-jon-sims
03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
i came across that video about a month ago and it has inspired me to make one of my own ... as soon as I find the time[:p]

987654321a
03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
<u>POSITIVE</u>
Well lets see the choreography was not too good, and not bad at all.
It was good cause it was well played out. The effects were pretty cool.

<u>NEGATIVE</u>
Ok well the bad part about the choreography was that the force powers for example, were filmed too slow, and i would have wanted to see the people use their force pull a little faster, maybe speed up the scenes with the use of the force. Not that im saying the Force is Real, just that it was kinda slow and i didnt like it.[|)] I would have wanted to see a natural scene (E.G. Forest, Desert, etc.)
It disapointed me that they were wearing ""EARTH"" clothing, not like tunics or something cool.

Overall i liked it, i thought it was pretty cool [:)]

Overall it was very well put together.

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

naashar
03-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I actually posted this on another thread, but I was wondering: after seeing things like this, has anyone else thought, "Hey, if resources were not in question, we could really make a solid film. Great script, top notch props, fantastic choreography, the whole nine yards.

Thoughts?

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

I actually posted this on another thread, but I was wondering: after seeing things like this, has anyone else thought, "Hey, if resources were not in question, we could really make a solid film. Great script, top notch props, fantastic choreography, the whole nine yards.

Thoughts?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">A friend and I tried this once. We spent about a month going over all the plot details, and had started writing the first couple scenes of the script, when we realized that (A) it needed a rewrite, and (B) niether of us had the time to finish pre-production in the middle of winter/spring, so we could film in summer.
We abandoned the project, as he's going to college in the fall, and won't have time. We still want to do some fight choreography, though.

BTW, does anyone have the DivX version of Ryan vs. Brandon?

GeluKhanGharr
03-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I thought it was great for a fan film, but what's with the guy dropping his lightsaber in his pocket at the end? Was that intended or un-intentional humor?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I think it was intentional humor.
Watch his remake of the STAR WARS EPISODE II ending on his website that Mi Gin Gonn posted.
While their choreography was amature at best, I read that Ryan got hired by Lucas Arts(at age 19) because of "Ryan vs Dorkman", and works for their game design division.[8D]

Another fan film I enjoyed was Star Wars Revelations.
http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/
Great CGI work by the "volunteers".

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 12:19 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

I thought it was great for a fan film, but what's with the guy dropping his lightsaber in his pocket at the end? Was that intended or un-intentional humor?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I think it was intentional as in "well, that was easy". Not any kind of serious humor.

What I thought was odd was that Ryan switched shirts and saber colors at the end. It took me a few times to realize that was Ryan, come back from the dead.

BTW, <u>everyone should go find and download Ryan vs. Brandon.</u> It is <u>by far</u> the best duel ever.

james3
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
I thought he was playing up on the clone thing, but yea I think the saber in the pocket trick was on purpose.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

naashar
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

Thoughts?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">A friend and I tried this once. We spent about a month going over all the plot details, and had started writing the first couple scenes of the script, when we realized that (A) it needed a rewrite, and (B) niether of us had the time to finish pre-production in the middle of winter/spring, so we could film in summer.
We abandoned the project, as he's going to college in the fall, and won't have time. We still want to do some fight choreography, though.

BTW, does anyone have the DivX version of Ryan vs. Brandon?

To paraphrase the Merovingian:

How does one Have Time if he does not Take Time?

Don't get me wrong; I'm not talking sequestering ourselves for 5 years in the Ozarks, but I think that little "life breaks" would be factored in. I mean, do you and your buddy plan on picking it back up at all? I like that you are still interested, you know, re-setting your goals (choreography), but I think that a project like that, especially considering the time and effort put in, should be completely abandoned...

But then again, it's not like I'm offering my resources..[:D]

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
To paraphrase the Merovingian:

How does one Have Time if he does not Take Time?

Don't get me wrong; I'm not talking sequestering ourselves for 5 years in the Ozarks, but I think that little "life breaks" would be factored in. I mean, do you and your buddy plan on picking it back up at all? I like that you are still interested, you know, re-setting your goals (choreography), but I think that a project like that, especially considering the time and effort put in, should be completely abandoned...

But then again, it's not like I'm offering my resources..[:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I wanted to do it sometime when we had time, but for some odd reason he feels like it's sorta childish, and he wanted to do it while we were still "kids".
Of course, I'm gonna be a sci-fi writer anyway, so I'll be doing childish stuff like that for a living.

He loves saber choreography as much as I do, though, so we may get to do a fight scene when I get my CSS saber and he gets jealous enough to go through with his earlier plans and buy one himself.

naashar
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I can understand. Here I am at the ripe ol' age of..well, let's just say I saw ESB's orig theater release, I have the Lando glass from BK, and I might have gone to the orig theater release of ANH, but I might not have the clearest memory of it. (I did see Jaws; I cried at the end [V] )

*Force Pushes away tears* But anyway, I totally plan to keep up this "childish" pursuit of building, talking about, and eventually, choreographing battles with these Sabers, Homemade. Much to the chagrin of my fiancee, who has other plans for our workshop in the basement. But, let us not forget: Those were Grown A$$ Men making the films we idolize now. Maybe it's our turn.

By the by, anybody (yourself included, Mr. Grayson)reading this relatively close to Maryland?

Tiberius172
03-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Cool video! I just took a look and I think it's pretty dang good! Hat's off to those two.

Tiberius

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Maryland? Nope.
I'm way down in Texas.

Occasionally I'll end up in Baltimore whenever I go to visit my grandmother who lives in Lancaster, PA. The old fly-up-to-Baltimore-then-stay-a-while-and-visit-the-huge-Barnes-&-Noble-before-driving-up-to-Pennsylvania routine never gets old.

Oh, and congrats on your engagement, Naashar. [8D]

naashar
03-23-2006, 02:58 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

Maryland? Nope.
I'm way down in Texas.

Occasionally I'll end up in Baltimore whenever I go to visit my grandmother who lives in Lancaster, PA. The old fly-up-to-Baltimore-then-stay-a-while-and-visit-the-huge-Barnes-&-Noble-before-driving-up-to-Pennsylvania routine never gets old.

Oh, and congrats on your engagement, Naashar. [8D]

Thanks, cuzzo! I really don't think she knows what she's getting herself into, but either way, she's gonna get a nice marathon viewing of parts I thru VI. Clone Wars, too!

How far is Lancaster from York, PA? That's where our house is; we settle next week, in fact. (My God; where does the time go?)
Besides, you're talkin' like Texas is really that far away! lol Jokes, man. You guys got a <u>lot</u> of real estate. I had the chance to drive crosscountry with a couple of my old shipmates; we took I-10 from CA, and it took us two days to cross TX alone. What part of Texas, fam?

james3
03-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm in Virginia and I have family all around Baltimore area.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 03:14 PM
How far is Lancaster from York, PA?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Oh, it's pretty close. Only a small county away.

lol Jokes, man. You guys got a <u>lot</u> of real estate. I had the chance to drive crosscountry with a couple of my old shipmates; we took I-10 from CA, and it took us two days to cross TX alone. What part of Texas, fam?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">North Texas. I'm in a small (but highly developed) suburbian town in the Dallas-Fort Worth area called North Richland Hills. (as opposed to regular Richland Hills)
I'm actually right next to the northern intersection of hwy 377 and hwy 820.

naashar
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Ok! See what I'm sayin'? We got james, myself, and when Mr. Grayson comes up to see his "gammy" [;)], Nightwing! I sense a cast forming...

Mark, and remember this moment, folks; for it is the doom of men that they forget. (Sorry; I was feeling a bit like Merlin from Excalibur, the movie) [:D] But, this could be a beginning...

Nightwing
03-23-2006, 03:52 PM

Ok! See what I'm sayin'? We got james, myself, and when Mr. Grayson comes up to see his "gammy" [;)], Nightwing! I sense a cast forming...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Heh. "Mr. Grayson"... funny. [:D]

That sounds pretty cool. Unfortunately, I've got a couple problems: (1) I won't be up there anytime soon, and (2) As awesome as it sounds, my mom's totally against me meeting anyone from the 'net. Heck, she doesn't even like me being on forums... lol.

If you want, I can talk to my friend and see if it's okay with him if we give you guys the plot for our movie.

naashar
03-23-2006, 04:02 PM

Ok! See what I'm sayin'? We got james, myself, and when Mr. Grayson comes up to see his "gammy" [;)], Nightwing! I sense a cast forming...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Heh. "Mr. Grayson"... funny. [:D]

That sounds pretty cool. Unfortunately, I've got a couple problems: (1) I won't be up there anytime soon, and (2) As awesome as it sounds, my mom's totally against me meeting anyone from the 'net. Heck, she doesn't even like me being on forums... lol.

If you want, I can talk to my friend and see if it's okay with him if we give you guys the plot for our movie.

Does she know your flaunting her convention like this?! j/k Hey, it's cool. No matter how "lost" in the SW Universe we'd like to be, we still gotta remember that it's a very real world we're living in.

Yeah, I think that's fine. Of course, you'd guys get writer credits.
And credits will do fine.

I can never resist pulling out that line! [:D]

GeluKhanGharr
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Man, that kid is awsome. I just checked out the work on his site. Proffesional. No wonder Lucas hired him.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

987654321a
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM

Thoughts?

dude im making a movie, which might just be really great, my friend is a gymnist so he can do some crazy stuff.

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

Firebird21
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
OK OK

I have to repost MY movie... lol

All 7sec. of it.
http://www.yankeetoys.org/lee/Saber-Blaster-Small.wmv

Have you read your Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577) today?
FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552)
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sabre.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/auto/car-smiley-032.gif

Mi Gin Gonn
03-24-2006, 03:04 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

Man, that kid is awsome. I just checked out the work on his site. Proffesional. No wonder Lucas hired him.

Yeah, man, what I wouldn't give to have that Mac setup that he's got. Not to mention that Canon GL-1 [:D]

I like in the end when they're showing off their saber-twirling skills & Obi Wan accidentally cuts off Anakin's arm.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"