PDA

View Full Version : tradeing post?

Danz409
11-03-2008, 11:24 PM
OK, hears my 2 cents/question. i was wondering if it would be a good idea to start a category on the forms for parts trading/dealing and personal sales etc
couldn't figure a better place to post this, wouldn't mind a haveing a place to go to find a cheap pre-owned crystal focus board or this or that, thats just not sold in the shop and finding completed sabers and rare parts would be conveniently placed in one area rather then going though Google eBay and tuns of other saber building sites, just an idea, post your thoughts plox

if there already is such a thread.... it seems to have extremely great powers of hiding amongst the forums and my eyes have failed me... agan

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-03-2008, 11:36 PM
You won't find such a thread, because this forum is attached to Tim's store. Open trading of items he sells would cut into his business. Even if it's items not sold in the store, openly flogging items for sale is still frowned upon.

virus692
11-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I Might be wrong but trading/selling on this forum is not publicly allowed as it is attached to the Custom Saber Shop .

Tim has made a great place to talk shop lets not ruin it shall we. :shock:

Obi-Dar you type faster than I.

Danz409
11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
ah, i see. so if for say i wanted to try to get something like a pre- owned CF card, i would have to make a seprite post for it? even tho its not even being sold on the store and may even promote me to buy stuff for it, wiring, shrink tube solder, speaker etc. i could see how hilts blades, complete builds and used MHS and sink tube parts will have a dramatic effect on the sales. ._.

Danz409
11-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I Might be wrong but trading/selling on this forum is not publicly allowed as it is attached to the Custom Saber Shop .

Tim has made a great place to talk shop lets not ruin it shall we. :shock:

Obi-Dar you type faster than I.

good point. having the forums to begin with is a GREAT privilege and i do thank Tim a lot for it ^^

virus692
11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
ah, i see. so if for say i wanted to try to get something like a pre- owned CF card, i would have to make a seprite post for it? even tho its not even being sold on the store and may even promote me to buy stuff for it, wiring, shrink tube solder, speaker etc. i could see how hilts blades, complete builds and used MHS and sink tube parts will have a dramatic effect on the sales. ._.

Think of it this way would you go into a store and ask about buying things you know they don't sell?

Danz409
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
this is why i post in the forms. I'm not asking the clerk if the store has this item, I'm asking customers if they have an item willing to sell, and the store is a target place being it sells simuler parts. for same projects

sorry i brought up the question, i guess it was like going into the police station looking for a hitman... lol

Lord Dottore Matto
11-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Fx-Sabers provides a place for this type of barter. Since Tim maintains one of the classiest web-based business out there, we all respect him and try not to compete with him! What you say is not inherently flawed, but it would ultimately deteriorate and cause bad blood amongst the people!

Viva la TCSS!:wink:

Danz409
11-03-2008, 11:59 PM
agreed, i completely understand why not, and now know why there is no trading posts XD