PDA

View Full Version : The Old Republic

Reith
11-02-2008, 02:48 AM
So, has anyone heard much about Star Wars: The Old Republic?!? BioWare's first MMO set 300 years after KOTOR. So far, from what I've read off of IGN's website it seems like it could be a pretty sweet game. Just another WoW of course, but then again I like WoW, so that's a plus for me. I never played Galaxies so I'm not sure how it would compare to that. I can't wait for more information and screenshots to be released!! :o

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/922/922115p1.html

Mcich
11-02-2008, 03:03 AM
all I can say is it's Star Wars galaxies for the next gen, I don't like the fact they are making it an MMO, they had such a huge success with Mass Effect and KOTOR why would they want to ruin it by making it MMO???

I think this will be a game I will avoid for a long time.

Darth_DevilGuy
11-02-2008, 04:27 AM
oh god not this **** again...

seriously why does everyone bitch about it not being KOTOR 3?

honestly do you really think they owe it to you or something? they're a company they do things for profit, getting people to pay a subscription fee is MUCH more lucrative than making a game and then handing most of your profits over to EA who just prints CD's and ships them to stores for you, especially for the developer's because the developers usually keep the subscription profits.

Let me put it this way, if you really want KOTOR 3 to happen, hope to @%$ing god this does well because it'll be the best hope for funding bioware's future projects.

Mcich
11-02-2008, 05:53 AM
I'm gonna bitch for a simple reason, not all of us want to have to go through an MMO, I had FFXI for a while and got bored to death of it, and I am a huge final fantasy fan.

if it is not a pay per play then I may consider it, if it is a subscription ontop of my xbox live, then I wont buy it.

simple as that, we are all entitled to our own opinions here, if I think making it an MMO is not a good idea then I will say that.

Drichar Deis
11-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Calm down lads! Anger leads to the dark side ;)

Mcich
11-02-2008, 08:17 AM
but the darkside has cookies!!! I want cookies

samurai_rob
11-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes...we do indeed have cookies. Welcome, my brother.:twisted:

I'm not a big fan of mmo's but if they do this one well, I may have to check it out, particularly if it's on consoles - I don't do pc gaming.

Zero Unit
11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Looks interesting...I have but one question: what is up with the oversize hands and baby-sabers?

LordBane21
11-02-2008, 03:15 PM
well myself being a big mmo fan can't wait. I will be sith all the way, the sith rule!!!!

Omg I just read more of the specs and story. I love how the classes have a diverse story line for each. And naga sadow being a big part is cool also. I hope more sith lords are in it. And I am also excited about customizing my toon. I could go on for hours bout this game but I am not :)