PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Focus 4.1 Release Announcement

Kant Lavar
11-01-2008, 05:14 AM
From email:

Dear All,

Crystal Focus : I'm working really hard to assemble 100 boards. The planned ETA is november 8th. To avoid batches of boards bought by single persons (stocked, bargained, resold etc), we placed a limit of 3 boards per person maximum. Above that, the buy must be validated with me by email. Non validated orders will be simply refunded and cancelled.
The boards will be put for sale around 8PM (Paris time), little batch per little batch, and this until sunday evening, to avoid the negative stock thing that happened during the previous sales.

Other electronic modules : I'll try to assemble a little number of luxeon driver, PLI and blaster cores, as well as a good number of power xtender micro boards. PC blades and blade film will be back online too.

Best regards,
and have fun with your lightsabers !
Erv'

My comments:

How was this not here already?
I call dibs on one.
For Erv: When you say "Validated by email," what exactly are you looking for?
So... who's up for an in-chat campout on the 8th?
Seriously. Line starts here. Already called it.
Et cetera.

Logan Cade
11-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks for posting this, for some reason I can’t get emails from Erv on my Comcast accounts.

8pm in Paris is 2pm over here Central Time, so at least I don’t have to pull an all nighter….but I would if I had too.

sekrogue1985
11-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah just read the email. I guess I'll get one if I manage to this time :P Then again money...the wifey would kill me!

Jay-gon Jinn
11-01-2008, 07:40 AM
From Erv, over at FX-Saber.com:

price hasn't changed. Still 115 euros. USD and euros are fluctuating a lot, but EUR is my ref currency.
No pre order. It's been said so many times before. No email negociation aside asking for buying more than 3 at once. No paypal corruption, I'm not like that.
I have a special affiliate program for professionnal sabersmith and I make MORE boards than the 100 of the "public sale". I started doing that 2 runs ago to save time to them because sometime they have many sabers in the pipe waiting for sound & light feeding for a long time and it's money wasted to them. I'm the one choosing the affiliates, don't send any request. All of them are "famous" sabersmiths, so that's not a secret.

anyhow, almost done with the capacitors. Soldered about 2100 parts so far (and more to come).
Even if ALL the boards aren't fully finished and tested, the sale date will remain the same, I'll finish the boards while shipping others, like I usually do.
Erv'

DON'T CONTACT ME FOR BEING IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, I DECIDE THIS ON MY OWN.
Please read what I take the time to post or write in the newsletter, otherwise I don't see the worth of sharing info on forums or keep customers posted.
Erv'

Validation through email means he will contact you for the Affliate Program, allowing you to buy more than 3 boards at once, in a pre-order fashion. at least, that's how I read that, anyway.

Malaki Skywalker
11-01-2008, 07:52 AM
No mad rush's this time around please :rolleyes:

Kant Lavar
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM
No mad rush's this time around please :rolleyes:

Please. Asking there to be no rushes would be like asking water to not be wet.

The good news, I think, is that he's spacing out the releases, plus the run is 100-plus boards, plus he's capping people (save "famous sabersmiths") at three per... regular folk like us should have a better chance this time around at scoring a new CF board.

Malaki Skywalker
11-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Please. Asking there to be no rushes would be like asking water to not be wet.

That was the point of the :rolleyes: in that comment ;)

xwingband
11-01-2008, 09:38 AM
From Erv, over at FX-Saber.com:

Validation through email means he will contact you for the Affliate Program, allowing you to buy more than 3 boards at once, in a pre-order fashion. at least, that's how I read that, anyway.

Nope, that's already been done. I think he means if you want to order more than three in the "public" release that you would have to e-mail him to confirm.

He's spacing out the releases so there shouldn't be a rush. There will be loads of refreshing going on, but it should be more "fair". Whatever that means... If it were me I'd space a batch of 10 every hour or so, but it's up to Erv and how the dice roll. Maybe he'll put up 30, then 5, 10, 23, etc... just to screw with you! :P

eastern57
11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Nope, that's already been done. I think he means if you want to order more than three in the "public" release that you would have to e-mail him to confirm.

Yes, that is correct. For the public release, you can buy up to 3 at one time. If you want to buy more than three, you have to email him ahead of time to get the "ok".

If you don't email him - and just try to order 4 or more, your order will be canx's, and your money will be refunded.

Donnovan Sunrider
11-01-2008, 11:19 AM
All I need is one, and I'll be there to get it.

Woohoo! New CF's are on the way!

FenderBender
11-01-2008, 12:52 PM
We are excited here as well, my wife came running out to me in the shop yesterday when she got the email. We both want one for our personal sabers BADLY.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm going to try to get two of them. One for my MHS saber that has been without sound since I built it a year and a half ago, and one for my next project after I finish my Obi saber. The Obi only gets a Joe Jedi board.

Here's hoping...

Jedi-Diah
11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
You could always get a Ultraboard for the Obi? I think Tim still has some to sell.

I'm going to try to get two of them. One for my MHS saber that has been without sound since I built it a year and a half ago, and one for my next project after I finish my Obi saber. The Obi only gets a Joe Jedi board.

Here's hoping...

DarthPerilous
11-02-2008, 08:57 AM
I've never ordered a Crystal Focus before, so I don't know how it all works. What's the process? Do I send an email to erv on the day of the CF's release to let him know that I want to purchase one, then wait for his confirmation and then buy one from his site? Or, do I just clumsily try to buy it from his site, send the payment, then wait and see what happens?

Logan Cade
11-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I've never ordered a Crystal Focus before, so I don't know how it all works. What's the process? Do I send an email to erv on the day of the CF's release to let him know that I want to purchase one, then wait for his confirmation and then buy one from his site? Or, do I just clumsily try to buy it from his site, send the payment, then wait and see what happens?

Do the latter, you only need to Email and get confirmation from Erv if you want to buy more then 3 CF's.

DarthPerilous
11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Awesome. Now, what if I try to buy a CF and I just miss getting one? Erv will send my money back to me, right? Also, what would the s&h costs be for an American New Yorker like me? I looked everywhere on Erv's for shipping prices, but either they're not there or I'm not looking hard enough.

Donnovan Sunrider
11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
To find out shipping, add a CF to the cart, then go through the order process. You'll get to a page where it will show you the calculated shipping charges to your address.
It comes to under $10 to Wisconsin in the US without insurance, a little over $30 with signature and insurance.

Don't forget to remove the item(s) from the card when you're done.

Strydur
11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
This probably was not posted here before as it technically should not be. Its not as big of a issue since it wasn't Erv posting it but the whole thread by nature breaks the forum rules of using them to promote sales of someone else's products. I am trying to make sure I treat Erv the same as everyone else because in response to me enforcing the forums rules I get people saying "but you let Erv do it". That is why you don't see Erv posting threads like this on the forums as he is very considerate and understanding of the rules and why we have them.

xwingband
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, he's giving you the advantage too! If you didn't get the memo you have a leg up. More CF for you! :)

Props to Erv. If any of you have dealt with him he is a stand up guy and so is Tim. They both certainly feed business to each other, but it is nice to see all being fair and such.

Kant Lavar
11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Uhm, oops?

*flees from the Wrath of Tim*

Seriously, though, I apolgize. Sometimes I think of this more as a saber community first and forget there's a store attached. So when I popped on here after reading Erv's email, it didn't even occur to me that there might be a reason for that. My fault.

Novastar
11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Don't worry too much, Kant. We all know you didn't mean any harm. Besides, we know that Tim is as fair as he can be with this kind of thing.

Also... everyone... just pay attention to *ERV'S* site if you need 411 on CF.

As strange as some people might think of this for me to say:
I move that this topic be LOCKED.

There is plenty of info out there about the upcoming CF anyhow. :)

This being said--I really appreciate the enthusiasm, Kant!!! In reading some of the posts... they put a smile on my face! :) I'm sure Erv feels the same way.

swear000
11-02-2008, 01:30 PM
eh...it is just an informational thread and CF is part of saber building. This is like business synergy. True Erv makes electronics but you would most likely need to buy MHS parts to house the electronics in.

Donnovan Sunrider
11-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, it is information specifically about the sales of a product not available on TCSS, that's the issue. I don't think anyone would pitch a fit if this was locked at this point. It's not like Tim has a problem with CF discussions, just an issue with sales discussion.

swear000
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
ok I gotcha

Kant Lavar
11-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna go with Nova on this one and second the request for a lock.

I know I didn't mean any harm, Tim and Erv and everyone else knows I didn't mean any harm, but still.

If we really want to, we can start a "What do you plan to do with your CF?" thread separate from this, either here, or join the ones I'm certian are going on on JudgeSabersmith or Force-FX (gives me a reason to get more active on those instead of just lurking) and debate designs, sound font preferences, and what have you, but yeah, I'd say nipping this one in the bud is probably for the best.