PDA

View Full Version : At least there was one good thing!!!

Reith
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Holy crap, they may have screwed up on a crap load of stuff on Episode I, but the fight with Maul is AAAAAAWESOME!!!! The movie's not that great, but I always love watching this scene!!! Gotta love the music too!!! :mrgreen:

FenderBender
10-31-2008, 09:57 PM
I dunno that they screwed up a lot. Its my favorite of the Prequels. At least its not like ROTS where its "Oh my god I had a nightmare (Glares) WTF! you wont make me a Master? (Tantrum) Doh! I helped kell Mace, oh well, nothing left to do but kill some younglings and turn to the dark side." That was a lot of turning in one hour. When you see how innocent and pure Ani was in TPM you know there's NO way he could have turned that hard.

Reith
10-31-2008, 10:12 PM
haha oh yea it was definitely better than hearing poor little vader cry like a little girl. I just cannot STAND jar-jar!!! i just hate everything about him! Haha.

swear000
10-31-2008, 10:27 PM
episodes I II III lacked the same substance as IV V VI. It was like it was toned down for kids. However it was necessary for building the backstory behind the later episodes. Maul and Qui-Gon made I bearable. Obi-Wan made II pretty good and Anikin going evil made III. Best thing to do is watch episodes I - VI straight through on a huge screen/surround sound setup at least 50 times.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Only thing I really hated was Jar Jar! IMO they were all good enough to enjoy!;)

Reith
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Ok, one thing I never got, throughout all 6 movies but mostly in the first 3, the jedi talk about how the force is off balance. Why do they keep complaining about it being off balance when there hasn't been a sith in hundreds of years? What, to the jedi, was off balanced about the force? If they thought that having too many jedi (light) and not enough sith (dark) wouldn't they just stop training so many new jedi? Or I guess a better question would be, what is supposed to be balanced?

Kurosawa
11-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I too thought that TPM had a few faults, but was overall a better movie than AOTC and ROTS. For one thing, I too can't stand Jar Jar. Secondly, Padme was 14, and Anakin was 9, and they were already ogling each other...wtf is up with that? Yeah, one might interpret it at simple puppy love, but seriously, am I the only one who finds that a bit eerie? Eh, anyhoo, Qui Gon was one of my favorite Jedi, and since he got the most screen time in Ep 1, hey, i guess that makes me a bit biased. Though his death in was kinda lame, cracked in the face with Maul's hilt then stabbed? I thought they could have done better, but that fight was awesome none the less. As far as the whole balance bit, I always thought it would be where both Jedi and Sith exist. i.e. 2 sith, and a bugger load of Jedi. the whole Yin Yang bit. So, in that respect, I think the prophesy was misread. When the Jedi speak of balance, they interpret it as all light and no darkside of the force, which by many would be seen as well...off balance. but hey, that's just a small tidbit about my opinion on the topic, I could go on for hours, but I really rather wouldn't at this hour.

Kant Lavar
11-03-2008, 01:07 AM
There was a scene in Episode III with Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan talking in a LATT/i and one of them said something about they don't really know for sure what the prophecy meant about "bringing the Force back into balance."

Reith
11-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Ah ok. I think I get it now. So, they just knew what the prophecy said, but didn't know what it meant. I guess that makes sense, though wouldn't you think that someone like Yoda, this 900 year old incredibly wise jedi, could figure out that there were a crap load of lightside jedi (good force) and very very little if any darkside jedi or sith (bad force) that a balance to the force would mean a great reduction in the lightside and/or a great increase in the darkside? So, wouldn't they want to stop "the one" from being found? I don't know. I'm just kind of rambling, haha.

LordBane21
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
well what made 3 for me was when he massacared all the Jedi in the temple. And it showed how ruthles sith are by destroying younglings. The hold prophecy crap annoys me. Who is to say that mabey it was a sith prophecy. As in it would make sense for one to rise and destroy the vast number of Jedi to bring them on the levle of sith by numbers. So mabey anikan was a sith'ari. Chosen one of the dark side not light.

Pullo
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Yoda says that the Prophecy may have been mis-read, not that they don’t understand it. This would imply that like all prophecies it is open to interpretation. As to the force not being in balance, this is the way that I see it. The Jedi have a very one sided view of the force, all good intentions and being at one with the living force, go with the flow.. that sort of thing. Chuck in something out of the ordinary like a spot of anger and they don’t feel quite so serene. Imagine if you will a blanket lying neatly on the floor, this represents the force. One side is light and one side is dark’ when the blanket is all light side up and smooth the Jedi see the force as being settled and at peace, you might also say in balance with the universe. However if you take one corner of the blanket an fold it back so there is just a little bit of dark side, the “force” is no longer seen to be in balance. I don’t think that it refers directly to numbers because if you say that you have to discount half of the EU literature and so on. Where do Starkiller and Mara jade fit in to it if the balance referred to is purely numerical.

swear000
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
So if I wrap myself in a blanket and take a nap, does that create a disturbance in the force?

Reith
11-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Swear, i think just you in general disturbs alot of people.:mrgreen: Haha. But yea I see what you're saying.

swear000
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
ok I'll get one of those nose strips and see if that helps the snoring.

Pullo
11-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Ever had one of those momnets when you go back to a thread the next day then see what you wrote and think. Jeezz!!! A blanket, what the hell was I waffleing on about. Pullo, King of the strange analogy. Did anyone even understand what I was trying to say. I'm off to lock myself in a box out of sheer embassesment.:oops:

Reith
11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
It was a little unorthodox haha, but yea I think I got the gist of what you were trying to say. That even the slightest disturbance in the force is seen as a problem to the Jedi even if they don't know exactly what is causing it. Or something like that.

annon
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I just thought he had something against blankets...;)