PDA

View Full Version : Look, it's the terrorism excuse yet again!!

Tom Starkiller
10-27-2008, 08:00 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2008/10/20081026182232891957.html

I'm just at a loss for words... if you hear swearing sounding like it's eminating from the UK, that's me. I'm so p*ssed with all of the terrorism bulls*it right now, Governments need to learn that it's not an excuse!!

Sam Skirata
10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
The title says it all!

Er Dan Gill
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Given the fact that it is posted on Aljazeera alone, makes me question the accuracy of whats being reported.

swear000
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Republicans start fights because their economy is driven by weapons manufacture (i.e. Boeing, Lockheed Martin) and probably guns (i.e. Smith and Wesson) which is why lots of people in America have guns they don't need instead of LED lightsabers which are really cool.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Keep the party-bashing out of here! You should not EVER make claims without a cited source to back your point! Plus, I don't feel as though a political discussion would be a positive experience in this particular forum.:cool: Lets all just continue to get along well!:mrgreen:

Hasid Lafre
10-27-2008, 11:50 PM
You guys ever read the comments?

Joe Q
Canada 27/10/2008The United Hates has gone way, way too farEcuador now Syria. The United Hates of America should be stamped out. As it loses its power, the next to take its place should make a note of this.

This is just one that pissed me off cause for one what has canada ever done?

Its because of these stupid comments sections on site like that and youtube that make problems worse.

God site like that should just be removed casue they dont do anything to help the situation they just sit there and bitch!

Concerned Citizen
United States 28/10/2008
Wait till the smoke clears if Syria is not trying to get hush money from America because of the elections I bet this is a direct attempt by Syria to get international funds thieves and liars yes the US has its problems but innocent Syria yeah right

Smart thinking, dosent just bash something the instint the bomb hits, that that is the truth, Syria innocent sure I will beleave that when pigs fly.

ArkaiHalon
10-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Keep the party-bashing out of here! You should not EVER make claims without a cited source to back your point! Plus, I don't feel as though a political discussion would be a positive experience in this particular forum.:cool: Lets all just continue to get along well!:mrgreen:

LDM, all I got to say to that is AMEN!!

Hasid Lafre
10-28-2008, 06:15 AM
WTF is up with the people today?

MoonDragn
10-28-2008, 06:21 AM
I say we just pull all the troops out let them fight their own war.

We need to spend our own military money on boosting our economy, not some war out there. We can take over Iraq the old capitalist way. We buy it one piece of land at a time.

Hasid Lafre
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
No where helping the Jews who people are still pissed at us about cause we gave the Jews there land back after the WWII thing and getting them back supporting them, Russia is supporting the country's that are coming after us without directly involving themselves.

This crap has been going on sense the end of WWII.

ThreeQuadFive
10-28-2008, 06:58 AM
No where helping the Jews who people are still pissed at us about cause we gave the Jews there land back after the WWII thing and getting them back supporting them, Russia is supporting the country's that are coming after us without directly involving themselves.

This crap has been going on sense the end of WWII.

Like LDM said, lets just keep this topic outta here :)

Hasid Lafre
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Like LDM said, lets just keep this topic outta here :)

Yeah good luck with that

987654321a
10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I see a lock coming soon if this gets out of hand.
Lets just say the world is truly messed up and out of control.

People keep saying, leave Iraq, but what about the 17 other countries we are deployed in? Do they not count? I have to admit that invading Iraq was a bad idea, because not only did we not find WMDs, but we killed a major dictator that was keeping things in control. We cannot let our emotions get in the way of world peace. IMO, sometimes there needs to be some blood shed to have peace. Saddam kept the peace through violent means, but he kept the peace. Now I am not supporting any side here, but these are just my thoughts. We are in 17 different countries to keep you safe at home. Would you like another attack on the U.S. like 9/11?

Leaving countries controlled by terrorist organizations with a hate for America and Israel would be a terrible idea. Hamas, which is now a "political part" in the middle east, has Israel as their main target, and U.S. as their second. That is just one group that doesnt like the U.S. There are tons of more out there that do not like our capitalist society and our "Care for your neighbor, and friend" attitude.

WeirdoTransvestite
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I doubt it. To my knowledge, only one thread has ever been locked in Misc Topics.

Then again, I also did disappear for a while.

LeMoel
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
With all do respect I wouldnt bring 9-11 in to this, theres still plenty of speculation involving that alone. There is still many who believe that the US government orcastrated, with the investigations of the "anti earthquake building, made of High quality steel that came crashing down as if some one bombed it from below or as if blowing up a building normally.

im not saying what I believe but lets stick to lightsabers shall wee...

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-28-2008, 08:45 PM
im not saying what I believe but lets stick to lightsabers shall wee...

I agree. This is a DIY lightsaber building forum. If you want to talk about politics, religion, or sock knitting, there are forums for that. Let's just drop it and let this thread fade into the mists of time.

swear000
10-28-2008, 09:05 PM
good point we should just let the government keep spending taxpayer money on things taxpayers don't want to spend it on. We should also keep earning far less then we are worth while prices continue to escalate because of the affluent and extravagant spending of the politicians who admit that they live beyond there means.

LeMoel
10-28-2008, 09:45 PM
ok its settled then

swear000
10-28-2008, 10:16 PM
not without a lightsaber duel!!!

Lord Dottore Matto
10-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Whew, I'm glad you all took my advice and stayed out of a political discussion:rolleyes:

ThreeQuadFive
10-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Yeah good luck with that

Whatever. Like everyone else says, this is NOT the place for such discussions.

Hasid Lafre
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM
I agree. This is a DIY lightsaber building forum.

Then we should just have the whole misc section removed from the forums then.

Whatever. Like everyone else says, this is NOT the place for such discussions.

No I am just saying good luck getting people not to say anything cause they will. What you want this place to be so controlled that you cant even talk about taking a poo?

I'm sorry but topics like this are going to come around and there's other topics that "you" don't want posted will be posted.

If you really want this place to be just about lightsabers then lets all have Tim remove the misc section completely and lets make it just like FX-Sabers before they got the off topic section. Be star wars only and if its off topic then its removed.

Hum I wonder what that is called.

This is the MISC section where anything can be discussed. Jesus Christ with a handbag full of pineapples

ThreeQuadFive
10-29-2008, 06:20 AM
@Hasid

Sorry man, not trying to sound like I'm personally attacking you or anything (so hopefully it doesn't come across that way :) ).

Misc topics is one thing, but when it comes to topics like *this* I've seen time and time again that things spiral quickly out of control, and before you know it all kinds of racial slurs are being thrown, and worse.

The better place for a discussion like that would be over at Shortnews (www.shortnews.com ) (not that I'm advertising!). It's set up with a different kind of discussion in mind about news and the forums have all kinds of topics like this but thats what the place is for.

Its just best to not include this in the usual misc topics we see.

WeirdoTransvestite
10-29-2008, 06:50 AM
@Hasid

Sorry man, not trying to sound like I'm personally attacking you or anything (so hopefully it doesn't come across that way :) ).

Misc topics is one thing, but when it comes to topics like *this* I've seen time and time again that things spiral quickly out of control, and before you know it all kinds of racial slurs are being thrown, and worse.

I've seen far more topics like this be handled in a calm manner, than spiral out of control. We don't have the n00b and troll problem of other forums. I don't see why it won't be handled in an adult manner.

GrimaOllak
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I concur with WT. This place seems to be one of the few semi-safe havens of the internet where trolling and such are not in abundance. I'm not advocating to prolong this thread, but honestly, I think if any forum could handle such a sensitive topic responsibly, it'd be this one.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Whatever. I'm ambivalent. Do whatever you like.

I thought that a political discussion of that nature could get ugly, but WT and GO are right. We're intelligent enough here to keep it from degrading into a flame war.

As you were...

swear000
10-29-2008, 08:00 PM
*sigh* sad truth is the damage has already been done. This kind of thing was years in the making. Only hope now is to pray to God that politicians don't make such disastrous decisions in the future.